Formal Nights on 2022 Holiday Cruise

douginct

We will be on the Splendor Panama Canal cruise over Xmas and New Years.  I know a cruise of this length normally has two "suggested formal" nights. Does anyone know what we can expect on this particular cruise?  I would think the formal nights would be Xmas eve and New Years eve. Is this correct? And will there be any others?  My wife is trying to plan her packing! Thanks.

We have been on several holiday cruises...the most recent being in 2016/17. I invite you to go to my webpage at BillinLodi.com and scroll down to the "2016/2017 Voyager Pristine Pacific Rim Cruise". You can click on the photos button for that cruise (which includes Christmas and New Years parties/shows.) Clicking on the log button for that cruise will get you to my blog.

• Like 1

We have been on a number of Regent cruises over Christmas and New Years.  Last year on Splendor, as the cruise was a back to back of two ten day cruises there were no formal optional nights.  HOWEVER, many wore formal Christmas Eve AND Regent listed New Year's Eve as formal optional even though they hadn't told anyone in advance.  So, for the cruise this year I am planning on three formal optional; the two regularly scheduled (should be Captain's Welcome and Farewell) and New Year's Eve.  Me, I will bring one or two sports coats; nothing more formal.  I also will not bring a tie.

You can never go wrong over dressing; you will find many others that are also dressed to the nines.  And, then you can call people like me slobs. 😀

By the way, last Christmas cruise on Splendor I saw a man in Splendor lounge taking one dollar bills off a wad of cash and giving one dollar to bar waiter each time he delivered a drink; something I had never seen on Regent before and hope to never see again.  

Marc