Printed copy of ticket mandatory at check in?

luv2sail7

The Embarkation Form must be printed and signed.

-> 01. Embarkation Form

THIS FORM MUST BE MUST BE PRESENTED AT EMBARKATION

(^ in capital letters on ticket^)

-> MANDATORY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE 

must be printed, filled out and signed

..and..

-> 10. Luggage Tags

6 minutes ago, luv2sail7 said:

Well that stinks for some of us already in Europe traveling and without a printer.

We got the eMail with the documents (attached PDF) 22 days prior to embarking in Barcelona and printed them before flying to Europe.

We printed other papers, not related to the cruise, in the hotel in Barcelona for free.

23 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

We got the eMail with the documents (attached PDF) 22 days prior to embarking in Barcelona and printed them before flying to Europe.

We printed other papers, not related to the cruise, in the hotel in Barcelona for free.

Thanks SirWolf.  Just seems a bit ridiculous these days to need the “paper”.  
Hoping we can print at our hotel.  But seriously, I am sure there are some who arrive without and I would think the MSC check in staff could print and then I can sign.

It has been asked for on my 2 MSC cruises this year. I already have my eTicket for my Jan 20 cruise with the barcode, health questionnaire and luggage tags. I just clicked Email me the tickets when completing online check-in several days ago and it was sent immediately.

Edited by JT1962

Last year on Divina, we did not have a boarding pass or any documentation.  We booked too late to get it done.  However, we did have the documentation required such as passports, vaccination status, negative tests.  The lady at the door, checked her computer and found us and let us in.  I wouldn't count on it, but that was November, 2021.

12 hours ago, Denise and Paul said:

Last year on Divina, we did not have a boarding pass or any documentation.  We booked too late to get it done.  However, we did have the documentation required such as passports, vaccination status, negative tests.  The lady at the door, checked her computer and found us and let us in.  I wouldn't count on it, but that was November, 2021.

Good to know and thanks as well for sharing your experience.  We are going to try to print it out when we are at our hotel in Barcelona.  

• Like 1

As per my experience, all hotels in Europe will provide you a printed copy of your documentation, and make airline check-ins if needed. Airline check-ins are free elsewhere. Printing support may be free or at a small nominal fee.

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

As per my experience, all hotels in Europe will provide you a printed copy of your documentation, and make airline check-ins if needed. Airline check-ins are free elsewhere. Printing support may be free or at a small nominal fee.

Thanks. Yes, I work in the travel industry and have no issues with checking in electronically.  
i hate to keep harping but it does seem a bit excessive to require paperwork to be printed out in these times.  I have my vac card, passport and such.  And with other items that were required during Covid such as QR codes to enter a country, all was done electronic.  And with the airlines, all e-tickets, no need for paper anymore which is good.  Assuming their IT is not yet able to handle.  Surprises me for an European based company not to be more eco friendly.

10 minutes ago, luv2sail7 said:

Thanks. Yes, I work in the travel industry and have no issues with checking in electronically.  
i hate to keep harping but it does seem a bit excessive to require paperwork to be printed out in these times.  I have my vac card, passport and such.  And with other items that were required during Covid such as QR codes to enter a country, all was done electronic.  And with the airlines, all e-tickets, no need for paper anymore which is good.  Assuming their IT is not yet able to handle.  Surprises me for an European based company not to be more eco friendly.

How I understand you, but they operate mostly like land hotels here. When you arrive, you normally are asked to sign a contract paper. They retain that model of sorts instead of all electronic right now. Yes, things could have been more developed these days. I believe this has something to do with the need for further verification on non-Schengen pax, sadly, among other EU hotel regulations they're asked to fulfill.