MDR early dining time

We were on the Voyager on a TA in September and also had a MTD for 6:45. We used to show up at 6:30 and if something was available, we were seated then. Most days, as long as we were flexible and not wanting to sit in a specific section, we were able to be seated as soon as we arrived. I would assume that this would be the case on most ships, if there is space why not seat the party, even if they had a later reservation. 

We are on the Enchantment for a TA in April, and I signed up for MTD, the earliest they had was 7:00, which is a bit late for us, so we will try that same procedure again.  Would anyone know when the early seating is for the Enchantment, and would a TA, which has many sea days, affect the time of the seating?

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Would anyone know when the early seating is for the Enchantment, and would a TA, which has many sea days, affect the time of the seating?

That should be listed in the app and unlikely the timing would change for the TA - maybe after.

My experience with Early Traditional seating times on all cruises since May 2022 has been if your assigned Deck 3 where they will be doing MTD after early traditional, the have been scheduling you 15 to 30 minutes earlier that those on decks 4&5.

They have also begun seating MTD dinners as soon as tables are cleared and ready, well before 6:45.  See them waiting there when I leave after my 45 minute meal.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, cha4244 said:

Traditional dining on Harmony is 5 pm seating.

According to a recent Compass for Harmony, the early seating is "5:00 - 5:30".  If my wife and I are at a table for 2 (i.e., we will not be holding up other guests at our table), does this mean we can show up at the dining room anytime between 5:00 and 5:30?  Having a 30 minute range would seem to provide some flexibility and help stagger the arrival of guests.

• Like 1