Best Canada New England Itinerary

latebuyer

Well, up until just now, I would have added Bar Harbor to the list but unless you're on a ship with under 1,000 sounds like you won't be going there.  Surely I'd suggest Portland, Halifax, Sydney, St. John, Quebec (outstanding..usually done as an overnight), Corner Brook (NF)...lesser visited the way it seems but we loved it there, and also Saguenay (terrific scenery in the fjord). Charlottetown is real nice also. I love the whole NE area.  

For a more complete experience, I'd suggest doing a road trip. We did a vacation one summer where we stayed in many different areas of PEI - drove around the whole island. Highly recommended. Same for driving around NS and then taking the ferry back to the mainland. Still have yet to get to some lesser visited spots like Trois-Rivieres, Isle de la Madeleine, Baie-Comeau, and Gaspe. If cruising, need a smaller ship to get to those. 

Go and enjoy!  

Edited by OnTheJourney

Thankfully our Oct 2023 itinerary will include Bar Harbor since it was already scheduled according to the press release posted by someone...thanks for that. It's the 2024 itineraries that will be affected.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ashland said:

Our itinerary for Oct 2023 includes Bar Harbor...haven't heard if it will be cancelled.

Charlottetown was on an itinerary we did Quebec-Fort Lauderdale and not impressed with this port stop.

Did you do a tour or just walking around the town?  I am planning our trip next fall.