My Time Dining question

MaryAnn261

18 minutes ago, MaryAnn261 said:

How long do you have to wait if a reservation is not made for a specific time?   Part of the reason I like my time is because I don't like to be on a schedule during vacation.

As long as it takes to be called on when it's your turn. :classic_rolleyes:

We're just off the Voyager this past Sunday. We did My Time dining the entire week of the cruise except for one night when we ate at the Windjammer (East Indian buffet items were served).  We used the mobile app to make all the reservations for My Time dining, which made it easy.  The first night we got in the unreserved line by accident not having read the sign ahead of time, so we stayed in that line and didn't have to wait that long to get seated.  For the other nights, all reservation nights, we went at our designated time and were seated at the same table for 2, rather quickly, with the same wait staff each time.  Some consistency was nice as we got to know them a little more each night.  The adjacent tables had changing diners most nights and we did enjoyed meeting them as well, though briefly. 

The last night when it came to tipping the wait staff it was easier for us. My wife and I were gushing with gratitude from the great service we had received all week long.  Seeing how hard everyone had worked, ship-wide, to make our cruise so enjoyable, we felt they were so deserving of extra $$$. 

I don't know if I answered your question, but for us it was a highlight for us and quite tasty.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

WE also were on the Voyager, in Sept, for 21 days and had a 6:45 reservation for each night. As I said in another thread, we usually showed up about 6:30 to try and get seated a bit earlier, and most nights we were able to. We also wanted to sit in a particular section to take advantage of a terrific wait staff there and again, most nights it was no problem. We also watched the line for no reservations, and really, there wasn't much of a wait there either, except on dress up nights, when more people tend to eat there. The only thing I cannot say for sure is if the people with no reservations, sat wherever they could or were able to sit in the same section every night. If you don't care about something like that, then forego the reservation and just head on down when you are ready. 

Just my opinion, but times between 6:45 and 7:15 are usually the busiest, and also, it would depend on how full the ship is. On our cruise, they closed the upstairs dining room as there weren't enough diners to use it.

Cheers

Len

We were on the Explorer in March. When we left the MDR ~7:00 PM (TD) each evening  the line for those that didn't have reservations for MTD went from the MDR entrance all the way back to Studio B every night on both legs of our B2B cruise. Glade we switched to early (6:00 PM) TD before our sail date. 

let's face it. MTD just is a mess on RCI ships.

Not so much on Celebrity. I would start earlier and never long lines.  RCI look at your sister cruise line and see why they are doing it okay and you are NOT.

But lucky the buffet at night is fairly good and quick.  Good option IMHO.  Faster and quieter