Steakhouse selections in MDR

allinwonderland

Has anyone ever ordered off the "steakhouse selections" up-charge menu in the MDR, specifically the filet mignon, and could you share a picture of it if so? I was less than impressed with the included filet mignon on formal night (still very edible, but I wouldn't pay a $23 up-charge for it). However, if they actually bring you a filet cooked in the steakhouse, that I might be willing to do, since a lot of the times the other entrees in the MDR are less than palatable.

I ordered the filet mignon and the lobster tail off the steakhouse selections menu several times.  The tiny mini-lobster-tails from regular MDR menu were a joke setting on the same table as my "real" lobster tail.  I do it once in a while and to me it's worth it.  The filet was cooked by steakhouse chef using steakhouse filet, I was told by my server, and from the delicious difference it was worth it.  Not every night, of course, but to break up the substandard MDR food. 

• Like 2

We always order the Steakhouse Selections in the MDR several times during our cruises. Definitely worth it. The lobster tails are very large and cooked perfectly and the filet mignons are also cooked just the way I like them (med rare). MDr fare is okay, but the Steakhouse Selections are much better.

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

The lobster tails are very large and cooked perfectly and the filet mignons are also cooked just the way I like them (med rare).

So they look like the food served in the steakhouse, as opposed to the versions of the same item that are served in the MDR at no charge on elegant nights?

I was less than impressed with our filets that we had one night. We all ordered them, two were done correctly, the other two were not. Honestly, we did it because the menu selections that night were less than exciting, so we thought we'd try it. But for the price, which I know is still less than on land, it wasn't worth it. I'd rather take that money and put it towards a real steakhouse at home. It came with some mashed potatoes and I think a piece of broccoli.