The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday November 13th, 2022

richwmn

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Today was not a great day for DH, but we see the reason as a positive sign of progress and healing. About 11 last night, the leg that has been numb since the first surgery began to hurt, and not just a little bit.  It kept him awake all night, and Tylenol didn’t ease the pain any.  The doctor, who comes in on weekends, spent more than an hour examining DH and talking to him.  He prescribed a powerful pain killer and a muscle relaxer.  They worked but made him sleepy.

The doctor thought it was a sign of the nerves finally beginning to work again.  It will take time for the pain to lessen, and DH will have to work through the pain.  While not pleasant, it's a step in the right direction.

I came home early so DH could sleep.  It was cool and windy, but the sun made it bearable outside.  I took advantage of the cooler than normal, but pleasant weather to mow the yard.  Our warm weather and recent rains greened up the grass and made it grow.  I needed to do something physical and the yard needed attention.  

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so barring any unforeseen things, I'm staying home and catching up on things around here.

Vanessa, I hope you can find out what is causing your stomach issues.  I hope the timeline helps pinpoint the cause.

Sandi, thanks.  It was weird finding out the school connectuon.  We had a friend who was the Event Manager on Prisendam, and we would try to have dinner together every so often.  She would invite us to join her and a guest entertainer.  In this case, we asked her to invite Naki to join us.  He is a very nice man, and easy to talk to.  During the conversation, he asked where we were from.  When we said Texas, he mentioned he was familar with Texas, especially Big Spring and Abilene.  When I mentioned I grew up in Abilene, he surprised me by asking which high school I graduated from.  Before I finished saying the name, he was saying it.  Talk about a shock.

Great food amd a great family.

Roy, another instance of it being a small world.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi and Dennis, along with DH and myself were in Rio on Ruby Princess on your last day there on Maasdam.  We looked out on Maasdam from our aft balcony.

Lenda 

Lenda, I hope you're right about the nerves acting up due to healing and things look up soon.  Have a good visit with Steve today.

Interesting story about discussing Abilene and high schools and finding your connection with Naki.  The local joke back home in St. Louis is whenever you meet someone new the first thing out of our mouths is the question "where did you go to high school?"  Each area of the surrounding county is different and has pride in its roots.  

You've got a good memory remembering the Maasdam in Rio in 2015.  I sure don't!🤪

8 hours ago, Kurtybee123 said:

Sandi - had a busy weekend but briefly saw your question yesterday about driving to FLL and avoiding major traffic, tolls in the rental car, etc.  If you haven’t heard of it, Waze is a great free app for road trips.  It will constantly calculate your best route based on current traffic conditions, construction, accidents, etc.  Plus you can choose a route with no tolls if that is your desire.  I never take a road trip without using it now - I actually use it for anything but running errands close by with Dallas traffic and construction.  You’ll occasionally get a very strange detour to avoid a major backup, but I’ve found it to be 100% reliable.  Other app users (wazers) alert you to police, stalled cars on shoulder, etc. (even roadkill - lol).  And if you’re the passenger, you can pass some time passing on those tips to other wazers. I’ve found it to be a game changer on road trips!  Good luck on your drive! 

I'm sorry I don't know your first name @Kurtybee123 but thank you for your suggestion on Waze.  I've heard of it from my two kids who use it on road trips.  They always appreciate knowing of accidents ahead but mostly where the police cars are parked!  I never have to worry about DH speeding because he stays at or under the speed limit to get great gas mileage.🤣

I think I'll load the app and try it out.  If we have to take a detour on this trip it will take the stress off me, the navigator, in finding us a new route.  

• Like 3