Solo traveller - better to book early?

Meka3256

Hi all,

I am thinking of doing a Trans Atlantic cruise on QM2.  Is the general rule that solo travellers should book earlier, relevant for Cunard? 

I have never cruised with them before, so just wanted to check there wasn't an obvious piece of advice about pricing for solo travellers than I was missing.

Unless you want one of the single rooms which do sell out quickly and are pricy, I have never seen that booking earlier or later makes much difference. Sometimes booking late late can work vey well for solos as Cunard may reduce the single supplement below the 75% line in order to sell a few more cabins.

• Like 1

One idea would be to see if any transatlantic voyages leaving soon still have single cabins or are they all sold out? if some are still available you could risk booking late on your chosen voyage.

If there is a particular transatlantic voyage you want to do I would book early as there aren't many single cabins as Lakesregion says. Then you have peace of mind and if you choose the Cunard fare you can pick your preferred cabin.  Also, gives you longer to save up/before you have to make payment. 

• Like 1