You are looking LIVE... Mardi Gras 11/19 Thanksgiving

TxTeach79

Fresh Creations! I forgot to get a pic before I wrecked it, but it was good! They have about anything you could want. Dressings were mostly standard- Bleu cheese, ranch, balsamic, oil & vinegar…. And then, Pineapple Coconut. I was tempted! 

51BDDC16-1838-44F3-8A83-04C527A9DBE0.thumb.jpeg.a4195850c4c18ea6f3fb6d68683e36aa.jpeg

DE486F40-B847-42A9-8BA3-51D3ED7CE4A4.thumb.jpeg.1da1e3c2afedf97f93b5766a35d21e5b.jpeg

• Like 6

Okay, so a strange happening…. Captain Giuseppe made the customary noon state of the ship announcement. All is well, two foot waves, this many miles from San Juan, etc…. And then about 20 minutes later, while I’m sitting there in Serenity, the ship’s horn starts blasting. A LONG blast. Followed by a few short ones. Another long one. Beeps alongside. It wasn’t the dreaded seven, but it was enough to rattle people…. Lots of folks started packing up…. 

73B637EC-B4B4-44AB-87A1-A8CA19B8FE5C.thumb.jpeg.1bb1c2523d6967b0319d41bc9d6c29f6.jpeg

meanwhile, the music stopped. Even the DJ on Lido stopped. It sounded like the PA system was open… you could hear faint crackling and popping, but that was it. It’s been 15 minutes, all seems back to normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Early alcohol embargo holds strong at Serenity Bar. This place is so so nice. The main Lido pool was WILD. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun and high energy, but packed and crazy (and tons of kids in the pool)…. This is… the opposite of all those things. 

wifi seems a little shakier up here on 18 than in other spots. Not able to upload pics here atm. 

As it should be - ah Serenity!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, so a strange happening…. Captain Giuseppe made the customary noon state of the ship announcement. All is well, two foot waves, this many miles from San Juan, etc…. And then about 20 minutes later, while I’m sitting there in Serenity, the ship’s horn starts blasting. A LONG blast. Followed by a few short ones. Another long one. Beeps alongside. It wasn’t the dreaded seven, but it was enough to rattle people…. Lots of folks started packing up…. 

73B637EC-B4B4-44AB-87A1-A8CA19B8FE5C.thumb.jpeg.1bb1c2523d6967b0319d41bc9d6c29f6.jpeg

meanwhile, the music stopped. Even the DJ on Lido stopped. It sounded like the PA system was open… you could hear faint crackling and popping, but that was it. It’s been 15 minutes, all seems back to normal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No ice bergs in sight? 😉

• Haha 3

Heroes and P&A are a SCENE for NFL Sunday. Cruises out of FL are interesting too because there’s no one overwhelming fan base like you get out of TX. It’s kind of like a Vegas sports book, you’ll hear a big cheer come up randomly and you have to look around wildly to see what game has something big going down 

69A5E129-B40D-41F9-8BA8-AFDD8D6CD46E.thumb.jpeg.aa63c1c414d5c66a18111cb335680634.jpeg

DF244205-7688-4B75-A8C0-638E2EB5113B.thumb.jpeg.3933376305a32b0dcb78820169d71c58.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

this is the biggest bingo I have ever seen 

I need to do some research about that venue and the tech behind it. like, a few posts ago there wasn't a huge LED screen in the middle and suddenly it pops out of nowhere! It's neat to see the tech they've invested in on this ship throughout your review!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, notscb said:

I need to do some research about that venue and the tech behind it. like, a few posts ago there wasn't a huge LED screen in the middle and suddenly it pops out of nowhere! It's neat to see the tech they've invested in on this ship throughout your review!

it really is an impressive space! It’s In a different configuration darn near every time I go by!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, notscb said:

I need to do some research about that venue and the tech behind it. like, a few posts ago there wasn't a huge LED screen in the middle and suddenly it pops out of nowhere! 

6 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

it really is an impressive space! It’s In a different configuration darn near every time I go by!

Hi @TxTeach79🙂

It's very refreshing to see a Mardi Gras review that is including Grand Central. An amazing space that cost millions to construct. I'm thrilled you're utilizing & enjoying Grand Central.

There are 16 individually controlled LED screens. They measure 6' by 14'.

20221120-140923.jpg

Information located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5710

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

It’s In a different configuration darn near every time I go by!

I also appreciate the view from that space- it's incredible. it seems like Carnival has been embracing ocean views and people still looking outward vs. their competitors focusing more inward.

• Like 1