You are looking LIVE... Mardi Gras 11/19 Thanksgiving

TxTeach79

The phenomenon continues. Line for burritos at Iggy’s, zero on the other side for Huevos Rancheros and Arepas 

B8F25BA0-F0E3-4EEB-A541-7ADA0EAC1C33.thumb.jpeg.237d59fd16d06f742ea655e6b8d20b5e.jpeg

Side note: other ships they have a little hot plate and fry the eggs up in a skillet at Iggy’s. Here there’s a whole dedicated flat top 

4B21E257-ABBA-4AF5-BD33-20355B6B32A2.thumb.jpeg.7f3c29fb151d29aa7b5ae6bdf51f9768.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

One of my favorite breakfasts on any Carnival ship. Even with all the new stuff I want to try, this had to be stop one! 

217DCB09-B61E-4EA3-A60B-7895BA2DB96B.thumb.jpeg.8151b89e88192239188d0af2fa3f1261.jpeg

I'm partial to the breakfast burritos washed down with a Thirsty Frog Red! 😁🍺

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jamman54 said:

I'm partial to the breakfast burritos washed down with a Thirsty Frog Red! 😁🍺

there’s a deck party tonight and I hit 15 early yesterday, so I’m banning myself from imbibing any of the fun stuff til after my brewery tour!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

there’s a deck party tonight and I hit 15 early yesterday, so I’m banning myself from imbibing any of the fun stuff til after my brewery tour!

Does the beer on the brewery tour count towards your 15? I was curious because I was thinking of doing the mixology class but don’t want to waste my drinks on something I won’t like? 

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

College football Saturday and that's what sports they're showing?  Ugh.

At least you often get to watch NFL. We're huge NHL fans but have had no way to watch any games onboard. Last time we were on Carnival (pre- COVID), we were told the sports bar couldn't show hockey because it wasn't carried on ESPN. I see ESPN+ has NHL games so holding out hope for our January cruise. 

On 11/18/2022 at 7:49 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Time to grab an Uber….. the bars are back by the beach, so how about Bizzaro Pizza 

9E148F8F-B4B7-4A06-807C-71ACBD5BA9D4.thumb.jpeg.05fcdb3a5f6faa7be4c16a3fe0766a98.jpeg

97652903-2318-4BE0-BBB6-FD9F71D87269.thumb.jpeg.0ca91f8c7dc9c38164b0975ea78e64b1.jpeg

We got a BUNCH of Bizzaro Pizza's around here....they're all independent, but family related....cousins of uncle's nephews mother....LOL

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

At least you often get to watch NFL. We're huge NHL fans but have had no way to watch any games onboard. Last time we were on Carnival (pre- COVID), we were told the sports bar couldn't show hockey because it wasn't carried on ESPN. I see ESPN+ has NHL games so holding out hope for our January cruise. 

I was on the Miracle in Alaska in June and we had the Stanley Cup Finals, but that’s probably the only hockey I’ve seen onboard. Wild thing is, we didn’t have the NBA finals (which the Warriors won on a ship out of SF no less) because they couldn’t get ABC or something. Wild. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

I am also curious which Wi-Fi plan you have?  Seems like you have a good connection for uploading pictures. 

I went with the premium. The prices are pretty close and I knew I’d be trying to do this. I streamed half a college basketball game on ESPN + last night no problem!

Does the beer on the brewery tour count towards your 15? I was curious because I was thinking of doing the mixology class but don’t want to waste my drinks on something I won’t like? 

I don’t think so. Looks like you get a bunch of samples and a glass at the end, from what I’ve read anyway

Definitely some grumbling about the elevators. They’re struggling today around noon. Lots of folks going to Lido/lunch. People with mobility issues on scooters/etc hardly have a chance. 

7B12A6E1-4890-4DE4-98DA-973D9856D86E.thumb.jpeg.f342d5e71c379ac9f68c17efb95a1447.jpeg

I really wish people hadn’t been too dumb for smart elevators. We had a good thing going, and we blew it 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ctlyf said:

They show NHL regular season games at Playmakers on RCL, as well as NBA, NCAA sports AND Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime.   Plus, being diamond, the 4 comp drinks/day at Playmakers is a nice place to enjoy them.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jerseyjjs said:

They show NHL regular season games at Playmakers on RCL, as well as NBA, NCAA sports AND Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime.   Plus, being diamond, the 4 comp drinks/day at Playmakers is a nice place to enjoy them.  

the Vista and Spirit (and sometimes Conquest) class ships with Skybox have always been loaded up with football. It’s just navigating the non sports bar ships

• Like 2

Early alcohol embargo holds strong at Serenity Bar. This place is so so nice. The main Lido pool was WILD. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun and high energy, but packed and crazy (and tons of kids in the pool)…. This is… the opposite of all those things. 

wifi seems a little shakier up here on 18 than in other spots. Not able to upload pics here atm. 

• Like 2

Not that I was in any danger of hitting my 15 on my last cruise, but no, the mixology class does not count toward your Cheers limit because you also have to pay for it separately (though you do get a discount for having Cheers). I'd assume the brewery tour is the same, but I hate beer.