Carnival Luminosa Feb 19th South Pacific from Brisbane

pryce_tag

On 11/23/2022 at 5:34 AM, rmemmer said:

I’m traveling solo on this cruise.  Looking into hotels in Brisbane do you have any suggestions?
Renee

There are no hotels close to the new Brisbane cruise terminal. If you are coming in by air, it may be easier to stay in a hotel near the airport and catch a taxi from there to the ship. It's about 10 miles distance.

Alternatively, there are a number of motels along Kingsford Smith Drive, the best of which is probably the Kingsford Smith Motel. I have no direct knowledge, but some cruisers have said that they run a shuttle bus out to the cruise terminal from there. It's about 8 miles distance.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:34 AM, rmemmer said:

I’m traveling solo on this cruise.  Looking into hotels in Brisbane do you have any suggestions?
Renee

Hey Renee, are you just after one night?  Are you after something  like an apartment?  Lynda

Does anyone know where the Luminosa makes her first port of call on this cruise?

The itinerary says Santo, but that is an island not a locality.

Some cruise agent websites suggest it is Champagne Bay and others suggest Luganville. The Carnival website is no help at all.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

1 hour ago, BWhitey said:

We were on Luminosa last month, happy to answer any questions we can

Thank you.  Did you have an enjoyable cruise?

Do you know whether there is an urn somewhere when you can get boiling water (to make a cup of tea)?

Did it take long to disembark in Airlie Beach and Port Douglas?

What are your recommendations on board the ship?  It seems to me to be a good medium size for cruising here.  . 

• Like 1

Yes we had a lovely cruise. Hot water is available on Lido day and night along with Lipton Tea bags, green tea, hot chocolate and their free coffee (Java Blue paid coffee shop level Deck 3).

On and off at each port was very smooth and easy.

The shows were really good. Fahrenheit 555 as a paid restaurant was great. Sea Day Brunch great menu. The Pizzas in Lido available hot fresh and cooked to order into the wee hours.

The White Party was fun to participate and then also to watch.

Balcony bathroom only has hand soap and a universal shower wash so suggest shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BWhitey said:

Yes we had a lovely cruise. Hot water is available on Lido day and night along with Lipton Tea bags, green tea, hot chocolate and their free coffee (Java Blue paid coffee shop level Deck 3).

On and off at each port was very smooth and easy.

The shows were really good. Fahrenheit 555 as a paid restaurant was great. Sea Day Brunch great menu. The Pizzas in Lido available hot fresh and cooked to order into the wee hours.

The White Party was fun to participate and then also to watch.

Balcony bathroom only has hand soap and a universal shower wash so suggest shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser.

Glad you had a great cruise.  Pleased to hear the shows were really good.  Which would you recommend if I only went to one?  I'm getting excited, as I miss the North, which I love.  I'm looking forward to brunch on our first day, which is a sea day, and freshly made pizza cooked to order.  I have packed soap for shower and sink, plus shampoo and conditioner and moisturiser.  I also packed Earl Grey tea bags and coffee bags for the odd time i feel like a good coffee.  Thank you very much for the information, which is much appreciated. . 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:45 PM, pryce_tag said:

Hey Renee, are you just after one night?  Are you after something  like an apartment?  Lynda

I will be staying a couple of nights before the cruise and want to visit the koala sanctuary. Looking for a hotel/motel near the sanctuary,  airport and the cruise port.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:02 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Does anyone know where the Luminosa makes her first port of call on this cruise?

Some cruise agent websites suggest it is Champagne Bay and others suggest Luganville. The Carnival website is no help at all.

It is in fact Santo, we'll be anchoring and tendering across.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:13 PM, BWhitey said:

Hi Everyone, Just booked and looking forward to another cruise. We did FNQ on Luminosa in November and looking forward to another trip, passport in tow this time so a little more exciting.

I was on 13-20th November  - were you on that one or the week before? 

I also loved it!

On 11/28/2022 at 7:02 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Here's the Carnival au page for Santo:

https://www.carnival.com.au/cruise-to/south-pacific-cruises/santo-cruises.aspx

Edited by legallyblonde67
Hard to read without intervening line of text

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, i love cruisers said:

You can go to Champagne bay from Santo with a driver. Beautiful beach ⛱️

So do you think there will be drivers waiting at the port? I love Champagne bay, and would love to go for a swim there again, if possible...