Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

37 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

On the Dream, a week before cruise date, I was able to get on the hub before

I'm going on 9/23. I was able to log in and it shows my countdown (4 Days, 20 Hours 8, Minutes), but anything other than that(Documents PDF, Shore Excursions, Beverage Programs, Spa & Salon, Dream Studio, Internet Plans, Gift Ideas, Specialty Dining Reservations or FAQs) will just redirect you to Carnival.com in your default browser.

Then in says:

Once on board, connect to Carnival WiFi to use the HUB app.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Three elegant nights is more like I would have expected, but I assumed that you had inside information when you posted there would be four.

As for the fancy thongs, I only bring five of them.  The trick is to just wear them in the hot tub when they get dirty, and let them air dry.  They'll be good to go again😉

I'll skip elegant nights. I wear a suit for work and no way I want to see a suit while on vacation in my luggage 😂😂  especially if I'm solo.  If I was with someone and it's their 1st cruise then I'll bite the bullet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happycruiser220 said:

I'll skip elegant nights. I wear a suit for work and no way I want to see a suit while on vacation in my luggage 😂😂  especially if I'm solo.  If I was with someone and it's their 1st cruise then I'll bite the bullet. 

3 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I am with you, no suits for me; however, I will wear dress shirt and pants

I leave my suits and ties at home. Nice shirt and dockers are all you need. 😎

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:23 PM, JOHN 57 said:

I have heard, that our cruise in main dining room will have 2 lobster nights, when and what are the dates.  Thank you.

16 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

They will both be on two(of the four)elegant nights we will likely have on this cruise. I think the first is Saturday Sept 30 on our first sea day.

16 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Four elegant nights seems a bit excessive.  I only packed three tuxedos. LOL

Based on past experience on two week Journeys cruises,  there will be three Elegant nights. The first will be on Saturday the 30th, and I'm guessing that the second will be on the sea day between Curacao and Barbados. The third will be on the Throwback Sea Day, which will include the Captain's Dinner and a real old time Midnight Buffet. I'm guessing that will occur on the first sea day after leaving St. Thomas. I believe that the lobster will be served on the first and third Elegant nights. Just my best guesses. 😎

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Based on past experience on two week Journeys cruises,  there will be three Elegant nights. The first will be on Saturday the 30th, and I'm guessing that the second will be on the sea day between Curacao and Barbados. The third will be on the Throwback Sea Day, which will include the Captain's Dinner and a real old time Midnight Buffet. I'm guessing that will occur on the first sea day after leaving St. Thomas. I believe that the lobster will be served on the first and third Elegant nights. Just my best guesses. 😎

The Venetian Mask Party will be on one of the Elegant nights.  I wouldn't think it would be on Throwback sea day.  I'm guessing it will be on the second Elegant night.  What do you think? 🤔 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

The Venetian Mask Party will be on one of the Elegant nights.  I wouldn't think it would be on Throwback sea day.  I'm guessing it will be on the second Elegant night.  What do you think? 🤔 

Probably the first one. I'll be leaving my mask home. 😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, Venezia is in Halifax w/her Sister Legend.

16951289424832760844811110198840.jpg

16951289540432940869846905052772.jpg

Carnival Legend isn't her sister, but more like a much older cousin.  Her sisters would be Vista, Horizon and Panorama.  Or would they actually be Step-sisters since Venezia into the family 🤔

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

just got back lab results and blood test.  It is 45 for egfr, close to same numbers as before.  I see, my doctor tomorrow for final approval to go, but no doubt in my mind.  That I am going.  See you all there.

That's the spirit!! :classic_biggrin: