Odyssey

We were on the Odyssey transatlantic and loved the ship.  Sorentos pizza was very tasty.  Giovanni's food was fine and Wonderland was amazingly good.  Don't let the weird menu names deter you, the food is excellent in Wonderland.  Chops, on the other hand, was a disappointment.  My NY strip was overcooked and not that flavorful.  A major disappointment there.

Bumper cars were a blast and North Star was fun.  I waited too long to do Ifly and missed out due to rough weather and then it was filled up.

The current captain (Captain Per) of the Odyssey is very talkative and around and about the ship.  He keeps passengers informed of weather and anything unusual, like on our cruise on the last day the ship turned around to investigate a "red floating object" in the water.  He immediately informed us as to what was happening and then later informed of the outcome.

23 minutes ago, nelblu said:

North Star charges a fee while at sea and freebie in ports.

Yes, we booked the longer ride.  On the Giovanni's, slip of the tongue there! Or rather fingers.  I'm always misspoken with Portofino's too, force of habit.

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, we booked the longer ride.  On the Giovanni's, slip of the tongue there! Or rather fingers.  I'm always misspoken with Portofino's too, force of habit.

Now, that was a wonderful specialty restaurant. The ambiance and service were exceptional.  Loved the seafood tower.  Not to be confused with Chop's seafood tower.  Wonder why they got rid of it.

• Like 1