World Cup matches shown onboard?

Techno123

Well it's 64 years since Wales were last in a World Cup 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿and we have been practising 'Yma o hyd' in the glorious hope they may make it through to the knock out rounds 🤞🏻. The semifinals are due to take place on the 13th (a sea day) and the 14th and the final on the 18th when we stop in Antigua. Question is, are Regent likely to be showing the 'footy' somewhere onboard the Navigator as we should just be making it back from our walking tour of St John's at 11am in time for kick off 😜 otherwise we will need to find a bar to watch it in. Mike - if you are reading can you please check 😁. Thank you all.

17 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Well it's 64 years since Wales were last in a World Cup 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿and we have been practising 'Yma o hyd' in the glorious hope they may make it through to the knock out rounds 🤞🏻...

Unfortunately, I suspect that your team will make it to the knockout round (at the expense of my team! 😂)  But may the best team prevail!  (We'll probably know better after tomorrow's match!)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

Unfortunately, I suspect that your team will make it to the knockout round (at the expense of my team! 😂)  But may the best team prevail!  (We'll probably know better after tomorrow's match!)  

We are a small nation (3.1 million) with a big heart and just getting there is amazing - maybe we will get there together and the team from over the border will get knocked out 😂😁😂 But we can only hope they play better than our rugby players are playing at the moment 😱😱 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

Well that was a game of two halves!! Wales were abysmal in the first half but fortunately redeemed themselves in the second half 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Correction:

No, you did not get the win (it was of course a draw). But it felt like you won. In sports, there's a saying (and it's true) that in any draw, one team feels like the winner and the other team feels like the loser. Today, the U.S. felt like the loser.

5 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

Correction:

No, you did not get the win (it was of course a draw). But it felt like you won. In sports, there's a saying (and it's true) that in any draw, one team feels like the winner and the other team feels like the loser. Today, the U.S. felt like the loser.

The US played a much stronger game in the first half. For Wales the starting line up was wrong and they were a bit star struck to begin with but we were all much happier with their performance in the second half and I think they deserved the draw.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:37 AM, rkaratsu said:

You played really well against England tonight - well done. I think Wales might be going home unless they up their game and beat Engerland 😁

Thank you but until we can put a few balls into the net, it is a bit difficult to actually win (which is what we need).

According to my calculations, if you beat your neighbors to the east and we draw (once again) with Iran, you and Engerland (hope this term isn't anything too profane!) probably move on to the knockout round (due to goal difference which is something I really don't understand).  

I guess everything becomes more clear on Tuesday... 😀  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

According to my calculations, if you beat your neighbors to the east and we draw (once again) with Iran, you and Engerland (hope this term isn't anything too profane!)  

I guess everything becomes more clear on Tuesday... 😀  

Engerland (i.e. England) used by the footie fans mostly. The advantage of 'Engerland' as opposed to 'England' is the extra syllable 'ger' allowing the chanting of the team's name being easier and more melodic. So not profane 😂😂😂

• Haha 1