Norwegian Star

goattyer65

18 hours ago, goattyer65 said:

Has anyone sailed the Star from Buenia Aires to Argentina and Anartica  heard the seas are rough  also would like tips on the ship   

Yes and the seas were like glass. We were told to expect a little rough going but it wasn't.

I would not do it again. I would do an expedition cruise where you actually zodiac onto land. 

You basically get sea days. You can only stare at snow and ice for so long.

One great thing was Stanley islands. You must do the penguin colony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the NCL Sun (78K tons vs Star 91K tons) in March 2017. It was calm for us around Cape Horn and on the Atlantic side. It was rough on the Pacific side for us. But yes, Drake's Passage can be Drake's lake or Drake's shake. A weird comment, but if you across to the Chile/Pacific side note that the ship's wake is green in the South Pacific, instead of the normal and South Atlantic aqua color. Weird, but something that I still remember -- the green and then switch when changing oceans. 

Tammy

Edited by tammyjw305

Can't comment much on the ship riding in rough seas just did TA from Lisbon to Rio and the seas looked a little rough at times but the ship was pretty calm.   We did notice the pool was sloshing front to back vs side to side.  Ship was very clean, I even saw one person cleaning the picture on the stairway using a flashlight at an very narrow angle so they could see any smears or lines on the glass. 

Crew was very good but they all mentioned they prefer the larger ships due to better crew quarters.

Internet was very poor it seemed the people running the equipment were ill trained as we were constantly told they were having a hard time finding and locking onto satellites.