India evisa for Australia

Redrob123

I am asked this question on SS facebook page so will also ask here.  I am on Dubai to Mumbai and trying to apply for Indian evisa.  Tearing my hair in frustration out as every time I save the info and go back to partially completed application all the info from page 2 has disappeared so can’t go any further without filling out the form yet again.  Have tried numerous browsers but I can’t get past page 2.  Anyone on here having same problem or can give me a fix?  I am out of ideas.

Help please🤬

4 hours ago, Redrob123 said:

I am asked this question on SS facebook page so will also ask here.  I am on Dubai to Mumbai and trying to apply for Indian evisa.  Tearing my hair in frustration out as every time I save the info and go back to partially completed application all the info from page 2 has disappeared so can’t go any further without filling out the form yet again.  Have tried numerous browsers but I can’t get past page 2.  Anyone on here having same problem or can give me a fix?  I am out of ideas.

Help please🤬

I read your post on Facebook and noted you are in Bali.  My wife suggests - as a last resort - you contact the Australian consulate in Bali and hope they may help, if only to offer you access to a computer.  You may not be able to board the ship in Dubai without an Indian visa but it's theoretically possible for you to apply for the visa using the computers on board the ship.  At least Australians qualify for the eVisa.  Britons and Canadians do not and that makes it even more complicated.

Personally I refuse to have anything to do with India right now

• Like 1

@Redrob123 we are on the same cruise. We are Canadians but have dual citizenship, so were able to apply for e-visa using our other passport. We applied on Oct.25 and it took 25 days to get the e-visas. It might be different for you if you mention that your flight is earlier, but hard to know.

We advised SS while waiting, they said we won't be able to board without the visa, but they will provide us future cruise credit.

To answer your question, we used Chrome for fill the e-visa application with no issues.

10 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I read your post on Facebook and noted you are in Bali.  My wife suggests - as a last resort - you contact the Australian consulate in Bali and hope they may help, if only to offer you access to a computer.  You may not be able to board the ship in Dubai without an Indian visa but it's theoretically possible for you to apply for the visa using the computers on board the ship.  At least Australians qualify for the eVisa.  Britons and Canadians do not and that makes it even more complicated.

Personally I refuse to have anything to do with India right now

Thanks for reply.  I think the only answer is a computer.

30 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

@Redrob123 we are on the same cruise. We are Canadians but have dual citizenship, so were able to apply for e-visa using our other passport. We applied on Oct.25 and it took 25 days to get the e-visas. It might be different for you if you mention that your flight is earlier, but hard to know.

We advised SS while waiting, they said we won't be able to board without the visa, but they will provide us future cruise credit.

To answer your question, we used Chrome for fill the e-visa application with no issues.

Luckily I can get evisa which doesn’t take time.  I’m usually  more organised and would have applied earlier but life got in the way.

4 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

Luckily I can get evisa which doesn’t take time.  I’m usually  more organised and would have applied earlier but life got in the way.

How do you know it doesn't take time? Ours took 25 days.

6 hours ago, Redrob123 said:

Evisa takes maximum 3 days.  Different from UK and Canadian visa Which isn’t evisa.

Didn't you read my post????

We were able to apply for e-visa using our other passport. We applied on Oct.25 and it took 25 days to get the e-visas

image.png.98163a5bd04bdbffaafd97db05e8e746.png

It says 72 hours on their website, in reality it is usually at least 2-3 weeks. We are traveling with 4 more couples, it took all of them 20-30 days. Many US citizens report similar timeframes.

Anyway, good luck. I just tried to help..

6 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Didn't you read my post????

We were able to apply for e-visa using our other passport. We applied on Oct.25 and it took 25 days to get the e-visas

image.png.98163a5bd04bdbffaafd97db05e8e746.png

It says 72 hours on their website, in reality it is usually at least 2-3 weeks. We are traveling with 4 more couples, it took all of them 20-30 days. Many US citizens report similar timeframes.

Anyway, good luck. I just tried to help..

Thank you.  Didn’t realise that you could get evisa.  Now I am really worried.  I wonder if an agent is able to get it quicker?

57 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

Thank you.  Didn’t realise that you could get evisa.  Now I am really worried.  I wonder if an agent is able to get it quicker?

Well, on their website they say "Government of India makes no provision of charging of any emergency fees or additional fees for grant of any emergency / express e-visa." Some agencies say they can expedite it, but I doubt it. I would suggest contacting your TA and/or SS and explain the situation.

If you mention on your application that your cruise is on Dec.8 and you won't be allowed boarding if you don't have your visa, they might issue it faster. I know that some people got it in 4-7 days, others took almost a month. You might get lucky and get it fast, but 72 hours mentioned on their website means nothing.

3 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Well, on their website they say "Government of India makes no provision of charging of any emergency fees or additional fees for grant of any emergency / express e-visa." Some agencies say they can expedite it, but I doubt it. I would suggest contacting your TA and/or SS and explain the situation.

If you mention on your application that your cruise is on Dec.8 and you won't be allowed boarding if you don't have your visa, they might issue it faster. I know that some people got it in 4-7 days, others took almost a month. You might get lucky and get it fast, but 72 hours mentioned on their website means nothing.

Thanks for all your info.  My brilliant TA was able to do my online application which is now pending so she can troubleshoot for me now.  Fingers crossed it is approved sooner rather than later.

We are on the same cruise and we applied for our 30 day tourist visas on Friday and I just got my granted status today so less than the 72 hours.  Since the 30 day visas can't even be applied for more that 30 days out they must process much quicker.  See you on the ship!

22 minutes ago, Texag98 said:

We are on the same cruise and we applied for our 30 day tourist visas on Friday and I just got my granted status today so less than the 72 hours.  Since the 30 day visas can't even be applied for more that 30 days out they must process much quicker.  See you on the ship!

it is still a mystery to us why our applications took so long for all five couples. It is possible that we applied too early and they were processing applications for earlier arrival. It is also possible that 30 days visas get priority. They also requested that we send them the cruise booking.

But it seems very inconsistent. We heard about a couple where one of them got it after 5 days and the spouse waited for 15 days. So it was very stressful for us, especially when you cannot get any answers.

Glad that you got it quickly and without any issues.

Good to hear that processing only took a few days.  One of the reasons I left it so late was because of the 30 day rule.  Fingers crossed that I am one of the lucky ones as I am in transit and would be devastated if I couldn’t board as this is my first SS after Crystal fiasco. 

On 11/27/2022 at 11:24 PM, Redrob123 said:

Good to hear that processing only took a few days.  One of the reasons I left it so late was because of the 30 day rule.  Fingers crossed that I am one of the lucky ones as I am in transit and would be devastated if I couldn’t board as this is my first SS after Crystal fiasco. 

Maybe they start processing applications only 30 days before arrival, and we actually applied too early, who knows. But the biggest issue is a complete lack of communication. Website still claims 72 hours processing time, while our whole group was waiting for over 3 weeks.

Hope you got your visa.

Happy to report that my TA applied on Sunday and it came through on Monday.  Still don’t understand why I couldn’t complete it on my iPad or other hotel computer I tried.  I still remember pre Covid we were on the Crystal cruise originating in Mumbai cruise and pulling our hair out trying to get the visa done.  Obviously things haven’t changed too much since then.

I Applied for my evisa tonight (I’m a UK citizen and it’s just re-opened to us). It was an absolute pain of a process and I’m sure my cats could have produced a better website. It’s very specific in what it needs so your photo for the application needs to be a jpg less than 1mb and the copy of your passport needs to be pdf and less than 300kb. Best get those ready beforehand to save any stress. It also declined my first payment and made me wait 1/2 hour before I could try again with a different card. I’m half expecting both charges to show up. Fingers crossed I’ll have it through in the next couple of days. 

That sounds about right, DW. 

4 years ago I did 4 applications, one each for me, OH, S-i-l and B-I-L. It struck me as odd at the time that it was a shame that they made the application process so flaky. Not one of the applications proceeded smoothly although, in the end, I got them all done. 

And the evisas for the 3 British passport holders were each twice the cost of mine (Irish). 

It's almost as if they don't want visitors.