Purchasing OBC

Lolaash

I would like to add OBC to my son and daughter-in-law's upcoming cruise.  When I called to purchase, the C&A rep first told me that it would be available immediately, then changed his mind and said that it would not be available until after they board.  Does anyone have experience with purchasing OBC (not gift certificates) for someone else's reservation or know the best way I should go about this?  We would like for them to be able to use the OBC for pre-cruise purchases.  

1 hour ago, Lolaash said:

I would like to add OBC to my son and daughter-in-law's upcoming cruise.  When I called to purchase, the C&A rep first told me that it would be available immediately, then changed his mind and said that it would not be available until after they board.  Does anyone have experience with purchasing OBC (not gift certificates) for someone else's reservation or know the best way I should go about this?  We would like for them to be able to use the OBC for pre-cruise purchases.  

It's day 2 on board. 

1 hour ago, Lolaash said:

When you buy OBC for yourself or others, it does not show up until you get on the ship. I do it all the time.  Will not show up in the cruise planner at all.  Will hit the account the 1st day on the ship.