Radiance short review/summary

cruisin from vegas

Just off the Radiance this morning (3 day). This was my 4th since the restart, very enjoyable and lovely  ship - the others were  Panorama, Horizon and The Breeze.  I must say I am partial to the Vista class.  This ship is smaller, less venues, less amenities.  She is  older but in good shape since her remodel.  Staff was excellent as usual.. WiFi was the worst I’ve ever experienced on a ship, they did give a lot of refunds.  Ship at full+ capacity.  Weather was clear but cold. Did not get off ship in Ensenada, been there many times.  Holiday weekend sailings are never the best, but the kids were behaved for the most part. I thought the lido deck food was better than the Horizon and the mdr was good as usual.  Nice 3 day break and from my local port (I live in Vegas but from So California).  I’d sail her again, just not on a holiday and when it’s warmer.  Next trip Panorama in July .  Any questions just ask

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trudster57 said:

I'm also from Vegas. My DH and I are boarding this Friday. First time on the Radiance. Was the BBQ place open on embarkation?

Yes. I was on the Radiance earlier this month and my mother had it for lunch after we got on. It's at the back of the ship on deck 10. Not real easy to find. 

• 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, john91498 said:

How full was the ship? We were on her 2 years ago and she was passed max capacity.

Post Covid, every ship will be sailing full (every cabin occupied). During busy times of the year, they will be past max capacity, meaning that there are 3 or 4 people in some of the cabins.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, trudster57 said:

I'm also from Vegas. My DH and I are boarding this Friday. First time on the Radiance. Was the BBQ place open on embarkation?

Sorry to jump in, also check out the “Big Chicken” area back of ship ,often missed first day. Blue Iguana has some breakfast items, so does Bug Chicken and nearby a continental breakfast. I had to go looking for front loops there one day!  BBQ imo was meh as everything lukewarm and guard your plate if eat at picnic tables the seagulls are pros. 

• Like 2