Luminosa - What time is breakfast in MDR? What time is lunch?

Luminosa - I have found brunch is on sea days.  What times?

Breakfast in MDR? What times?

Is tea and coffee available before breakfast?

Is lunch in MDR or only buffet?  What times?

Do they have afternoon tea?

Getting close now, so thinking of meal times. Is this information available on website?

40 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Luminosa - I have found brunch is on sea days.  What times?

Breakfast in MDR? What times?

Is tea and coffee available before breakfast?

Is lunch in MDR or only buffet?  What times?

Do they have afternoon tea?

Getting close now, so thinking of meal times. Is this information available on website?

If it’s the same as the Splendor breakfast varied in times, brunch is 8am to 12pm

i think normal breakfast in MDR  was 7am till about 9.00-9.30 and disembarkment day 6.30 till 8am

tea & coffee was available in the Lido but coffee like all ships could be better

they had high tea once on an 8 night cruise between 3-4pm $20 pp but if you have early dinner you might too full from the cakes

Make sure you download the Hubb App because all the details are there every day

51 minutes ago, rkmw said:

If it’s the same as the Splendor breakfast varied in times, brunch is 8am to 12pm

i think normal breakfast in MDR  was 7am till about 9.00-9.30 and disembarkment day 6.30 till 8am

tea & coffee was available in the Lido but coffee like all ships could be better

they had high tea once on an 8 night cruise between 3-4pm $20 pp but if you have early dinner you might too full from the cakes

Make sure you download the Hubb App because all the details are there every day

Thank you.  I'll give high tea a miss so close to early sitting, plus a charge.  My favourite afternoon tea was on Ocean Princess.  A man in a suit and gloves would bring around a tray mobile with tea and coffee with scones, jam and cream to everyone sitting on loungers on the deck.  We never missed!

I've got coffee sachets as I know the coffee on ships is undrinkable unless you buy it. I've also got Earl Grey Tea, so I'll be right as long as I can get boiling water.  Wish they had jugs in cabins like they do in UK.

On our Luminosa:. Breakfast on a port day was 6.30 to 8.30 in MDR. (On a late port arrival day like we had in Cairns MDR was 8am to 10am). At buffet, continental breakfast from 6am with full breakfast starting 6.30 to 11.30. (Strangely, Bircher muesli, all yoghurts, cold cuts, etc weren't included in Continental but opened with full breakfast times).  On a Sea Day, Brunch was 8.30 to 12noon in MDR, and buffet continental 6.30am, full breakfast from 7am - 11.30.  The Taco and Burrito bar also opened at breakfast with breakfast burritos.

Lunch was never served in MDR.  Main lunch buffet from noon, but pizza, deli, opened earlier.  Soft serve ice cream from 11am to midnight. Pizza until 4am.

All room service, including breakfast, had charge applied.

Definitely take Earl Grey tea. They have Lipton regular and decaf tea bags.

21 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

On our Luminosa:. Breakfast on a port day was 6.30 to 8.30 in MDR. (On a late port arrival day like we had in Cairns MDR was 8am to 10am). At buffet, continental breakfast from 6am with full breakfast starting 6.30 to 11.30. (Strangely, Bircher muesli, all yoghurts, cold cuts, etc weren't included in Continental but opened with full breakfast times).  On a Sea Day, Brunch was 8.30 to 12noon in MDR, and buffet continental 6.30am, full breakfast from 7am - 11.30.  The Taco and Burrito bar also opened at breakfast with breakfast burritos.

Lunch was never served in MDR.  Main lunch buffet from noon, but pizza, deli, opened earlier.  Soft serve ice cream from 11am to midnight. Pizza until 4am.

Thank you for the detailed information.  I'm from farmer's stock, so I wake and eat early, so I have to stock up for late breakfasts.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

A breakfast burrito at 8am sounds dangerous, especially following a 2am pizza. One of the nice bonuses on Carnival is that late night made to order pizza with drinks after the late comedy show.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, arxcards said:

A breakfast burrito at 8am sounds dangerous, especially following a 2am pizza. One of the nice bonuses on Carnival is that late night made to order pizza with drinks after the late comedy show.

Do you know whether there is a place with an urn with 24 hour boiling water?  Pizza at 2 am sounds tempting.  

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you know whether there is a place with an urn with 24 hour boiling water?  Pizza at 2 am sounds tempting.  

Not sure about 24hrs, and don't know for Luminosa. For previous Carnival, whenever the buffet is open, there are coffee machines that will dispense boiling water.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Not sure about 24hrs, and don't know for Luminosa. For previous Carnival, whenever the buffet is open, there are coffee machines that will dispense boiling water.

Thank you.  Why I ask, the small ship I last cruised on had such a facility so I could make myself a cup of tea whenever I wanted.  As had previous ships.  I love to watch the break of day at sea, with a cup of tea. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 6:22 AM, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  Why I ask, the small ship I last cruised on had such a facility so I could make myself a cup of tea whenever I wanted.  As had previous ships.  I love to watch the break of day at sea, with a cup of tea. 

Confirming there were urns with boiling water available in the buffet for making tea 24 hours on Luminosa.  

Luminosa Continental breakfast was available from 6 am.  Buffet breakfast from 6.30 am including made to order omelettes, fruit, pastries, bread, 6 cereals, sliced meats and cheeses plus hot food.  Breakfast at Restaurant from 8.00 am.  Brunch from 8.30 am on sea days.  Times varied slightly.  

On 12/15/2022 at 3:30 AM, MMDown Under said:

Confirming there were urns with boiling water available in the buffet for making tea 24 hours on Luminosa.  

On our recent NZ cruise, the water was never "boiling", only very warm at best, not ideal for making a nice cuppa. Wondering whether it may be a WHS thing?

Same in MDR, had to stress to waitstaff that we wanted "very hot" water with our tea order.

3 hours ago, highflier01 said:

On our recent NZ cruise, the water was never "boiling", only very warm at best, not ideal for making a nice cuppa. Wondering whether it may be a WHS thing?

Same in MDR, had to stress to waitstaff that we wanted "very hot" water with our tea order.

The hottest water on the ship came from the urns in the buffet., which I used to visit first and last thing.  Yes I agree but hotter than in main dining room.  Once my "boiling water" for tea came in a glass, other times in a small teapot or cup.  Waiter then wanted to take "cold water" glass.  No way, I wanted to have at least one drink!  One has to wonder how long the hot water for tea had been sitting around getting cold.  I think Carnaval should put jugs in staterooms in Aust like they do in the UK.  In the USA, those coffee makers never produce really hot water.  However, in the US, I always took an electric "thing" which you put in a cup to boil water.  Maybe Carnival should have guest speakers from Dilmah on how to make a good cup of tea.  I bring my own Earl Grey tea which you brew for 3-5 mins.  It is the best tea available in Australia, from Sri Lanka.  Not the scrapings from the floor! 

• Like 1