SKY Princess room L102

Lilly-Ann

Hi,

Need your opinion please.....

We booked an obstructed deluxe balcony room on the Sky Princess. Lido deck room L102. I was told the only difference with this room is the metal balcony wall instead of glass. I was looking at my email confirmation after I made payment and there is a note that said" Part Obstructed View. Non-Glass Balcony Rail/ Balcony Access When In Port Only.) I called Princess, she said we cannot use our balcony unless we are stopped at a port. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Seems like the  original agent booking the room could have told me that. The agent today offered to move me to deck 8 room E308. Not sure what I should do. Looks like that room has a small balcony and the view of the lifeboat. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Hi,

Need your opinion please.....

We booked an obstructed deluxe balcony room on the Sky Princess. Lido deck room L102. I was told the only difference with this room is the metal balcony wall instead of glass. I was looking at my email confirmation after I made payment and there is a note that said" Part Obstructed View. Non-Glass Balcony Rail/ Balcony Access When In Port Only.) I called Princess, she said we cannot use our balcony unless we are stopped at a port. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Seems like the  original agent booking the room could have told me that. The agent today offered to move me to deck 8 room E308. Not sure what I should do. Looks like that room has a small balcony and the view of the lifeboat. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Balcony is 100% usable while at sea or in port. They do not lock them off while underway or anything. It can sometimes be too windy to be enjoyable, and if very windy, the furniture will be tied down, but otherwise, it's 100% usable. Usually cannot use balcony light at night and have to keep curtains closed to prevent light pollution for the bridge, otherwise no restrictions.

• Like 1

We had a forward cabin on the Regal and it was FANTASTIC! You can use the balcony anytime. It is never locked. However, you must have your drapes closed at night so the bridge has complete darkness.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, reedprincess said:

Balcony is 100% usable while at sea or in port. They do not lock them off while underway or anything. It can sometimes be too windy to be enjoyable, and if very windy, the furniture will be tied down, but otherwise, it's 100% usable. Usually cannot use balcony light at night and have to keep curtains closed to prevent light pollution for the bridge, otherwise no restrictions.

Thanks so much!  🙂     We are going to keep this room.

19 hours ago, nini said:

We had a forward cabin on the Regal and it was FANTASTIC! You can use the balcony anytime. It is never locked. However, you must have your drapes closed at night so the bridge has complete darkness.

Awesome..... Thank you. I will make sure to keep drapes closed.