Future Cruise Certificates

barneyboy

I am hoping someone can help with a problem with FCCs. My husband and I received a FCC each as a refund for the Onward maiden voyage. We booked a cruise on Journey which sailed at the end of August. This used just under half of our FCC balance. While on board we booked a cruise on Onward which sails on 25 March 2023. This will use up most of the remaining balance. 
We have not received FCCs showing our remaining balance after our August cruise. I emailed Azamara repeatedly and finally received a reply today. They state that it is in their terms and conditions that full value of the credit must be used and difference will not be reissued on another FCC. Our FCC were considered fully used and no residual certificates will be issued. This is contrary to what it states on the FCC that if there is a remaining balance you’ll receive a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on. 
I have emailed them again but the balance on our next cruise is due in a few weeks and they have taken a month to reply to my last query. 
I hope all this makes sense. Feeling very stressed over this as we would not have booked the cruise if we didn’t have the FCCs to use. 

10 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

I am hoping someone can help with a problem with FCCs. My husband and I received a FCC each as a refund for the Onward maiden voyage. We booked a cruise on Journey which sailed at the end of August. This used just under half of our FCC balance. While on board we booked a cruise on Onward which sails on 25 March 2023. This will use up most of the remaining balance. 
We have not received FCCs showing our remaining balance after our August cruise. I emailed Azamara repeatedly and finally received a reply today. They state that it is in their terms and conditions that full value of the credit must be used and difference will not be reissued on another FCC. Our FCC were considered fully used and no residual certificates will be issued. This is contrary to what it states on the FCC that if there is a remaining balance you’ll receive a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on. 
I have emailed them again but the balance on our next cruise is due in a few weeks and they have taken a month to reply to my last query. 
I hope all this makes sense. Feeling very stressed over this as we would not have booked the cruise if we didn’t have the FCCs to use. 

I think they are struggling with FCC’s on the current system, we used the Onward refund FCC to book a cruise, funnily enough the 25th March cruise, initially it used all of the credit except £68. Then it was repriced after a big price drop and Azamara agreed this could be used against another 2023 booking, this was back in September. I’ve spoken to a number of Azamara agents and it’s taking some time to sort out, initially only the £68 was showing and this has been applied to the other cruise. Problem seems to be that the system “loses” the credit after the initial cruise and needs manual intervention to retrieve it.

I’m dealing directly with Azamara and there’s never been a question of the residual credit being applied to another cruise. In fact they are happy to apply it to another cruise before we’ve taken the cruise it was originally applied too even though I know it’s in the t&c’s.

I’ve been lucky in that the agents I’ve spoken to have been some of the original Azamara staff so know the problem, I can imagine some of the newer staff will possibly have seen all the FCC used and assume that’s it.

Hope this helps a bit.

I have somewhat the same problem.  I too was on Onward maiden and used the FCC to book a cruise this January.   Because I had already deposited the cruise I wound up with a balance of the FCC of around $400.00.  I want to use it for a cruise where payment is due December 8th. 

‘’My additional problem is I have different TA’s for the two cruises

Dont know if I can talk to Azamara direct.