Spa/Massage near port

Galatz

I did a search for this topic and came up empty, sorry if I missed something.

The price of massages on the spa on the ship are just so crazy. We will be spending about 36 hours so thought it might be a good opportunity to find something not on the ship. Does anyone have recommendations of something near Royal Navy Dockyard?

45 minutes ago, Galatz said:

I did a search for this topic and came up empty, sorry if I missed something.

The price of massages on the spa on the ship are just so crazy. We will be spending about 36 hours so thought it might be a good opportunity to find something not on the ship. Does anyone have recommendations of something near Royal Navy Dockyard?

Near the Dockyard on the west end there are spas at hotels like Pompano Bay, The Reefs and Cambridge Beaches. You would have to take a taxi or bus to those. There are several independent spas in Hamilton which is about a 30 minute ferry ride from the Dockyard. Grotto Bay Spa the Grotto Bay resort  is the only one I recall being mentioned here. It is a farther distance from the Dockyard. I had very reviews a few years back. It is in a cave. 

49 minutes ago, Galatz said:

There's not a lot in the immediate vicinity-- most of the island's spas are at the resorts. You honestly might be less expensive overall with the one on he ship when you consider pricing and then the cost of transportation. 

I think the nearest is Cambridge Beach Resort and their spa is between $120-200 for a massage. Have not personally experienced there so cant speak to the quality or overall experience. 

I don't believe Fairmont Southampton has reopened so that most likely isn't an option.

I've personally been to the spa at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess in town (which wouldn't cost you a ton to get to-- take the ferry and its then within walking distance) but spa services are going to be more like starting at $200 for a 60 minute massage and go up to $300 for a 90 minute. Very high quality and the facilities are great. 

I've also been to the Rosewood Spa which is much further and even pricier so not really worth considering in the context of your question. 

Bermuda is not an inexpensive place-- I would see if your ship offers in port specials on spa treatments while you're docked-- they are often much less expensive than when the ship is at sea and will most likely be less expensive than what you'll find on Bermuda. 

• Thanks 1