Accessing commercial websites on board HAL ships

Coyote Chris

I was told on another forum that I would not be allowed to access commercial websites from the K-dam's paid internet wifi. This would be like ebay, amazon, Home shopping network, ticketmaster, etc.

Can anyone confirm or deny they were able to do this and make purchases?

2 hours ago, Coyote Chris said:

I was told on another forum that I would not be allowed to access commercial websites from the K-dam's paid internet wifi. This would be like ebay, amazon, Home shopping network, ticketmaster, etc.

Can anyone confirm or deny they were able to do this and make purchases?

You have incorrect information.   You can access all of those sites if you get the surf package or above.   IF you buy the social package then those sites would not be available.    More HERE

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

In “theory” you can access websites.  I could access cruise critic ok.  Also could access Canada’s shopping network tsc although it was pretty slow. I don’t like Amazon so I rarely shop there.  I couldn’t ever access my bank account with rbc, American Express and several other websites I can’t recall.  I like listening to podcasts, couldn’t get Spotify or Apple podcasts to update.  Also the internet was pretty much down most of the day in San Diego and Mexico for at least part of the day.  My cabana steward told me this is a common occurrence.  I was on the koningsdam Nov 12 - 26.  I upgraded to premium the last couple days hoping it might help with the podcasts.  It did nothing.

And for me the last several Sundays in Fort Lauderdale, the internet was down.  I was furious as I'd been able to use it before last fall when we were in port.  Couldn't get on my email that I then could access as soon as we pulled out of the port area!  And I have the premium package.  And yes, I agree, the bank/credit card sites are the hardest to access.  Simply cannot depend on internet availability at all on these ships.  Very early morning usuallly best, in the Lido or other open areas; cabins are more difficult.

• Like 1