Royal picks your room - help pls

hollon

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It is not a rule. Sorry, but you are wrong.

LOL, Fred, there is abundant evidence that you are wrong as it has been happening for years, though only for cruisers who book under certain countries booking rules…not for those who book under other booking rules.  If you have already picked your cabin, it is no skin off your nose if RCI decides to allow a few people to swap to another cabin.  Nobody is “refusing” their guarantee; some people ask for and are granted swaps within very specific parameters.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:46 PM, hollon said:

When I go to book a cruise, I click on balcony room, it then goes to a page to let Royal chose your room or You pick your room. When Royal chooses the room, the room can be Boardwalk balcony, Central Park balcony, or Ocean View Balcony, it's not just O.V. Balcony, correct?

Thanks

if you click on ‘you pick your room’ you should see an option for ocean view balcony guarantee. We found this for our Harmony cruise when playing around with prices/room types. Glad we found it as didn’t really want a Central Park or boardwalk balcony. It worked fine for us. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

LOL, Fred, there is abundant evidence that you are wrong as it has been happening for years, though only for cruisers who book under certain countries booking rules…not for those who book under other booking rules.  If you have already picked your cabin, it is no skin off your nose if RCI decides to allow a few people to swap to another cabin.  Nobody is “refusing” their guarantee; some people ask for and are granted swaps within very specific parameters.

Well, Star, that doesn't make it a rule!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You are picking your cabin and refusing your guarantee for which you paid. Leave all the other choices to those who paid to pick their cabin. IMHO

I asked, I was kind to the agent, and they moved me...and this was very close to sailing so I was not stealing a cabin. So no, if Royal is willing to move me to a cabin in my category, I am going to allow them to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:26 AM, ihate2cruise said:

If you want an Ocean View Balcony Guarantee you will have to call. That's what I did. It was no problem.

At least on the UK sure if you choose 'i choose the room' then scroll to the bottom of the options there is often an option for ocean view balcony guarantee.

I am not sure if this is on the USA site as well. It is a bit hidden though.

21 hours ago, jjsparkles said:

if you click on ‘you pick your room’ you should see an option for ocean view balcony guarantee. We found this for our Harmony cruise when playing around with prices/room types. Glad we found it as didn’t really want a Central Park or boardwalk balcony. It worked fine for us. 

Yes, it is nice when the OV balcony gty option appears there.  Sometimes, even though that option is not listed on the website under “you pick your room”, an OV balcony gty can be booked by calling Royal Caribbean or a TA.  So, if the option is not there on the website for your next cruise, you could investigate further.