Final Payment tips?

uneamie

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm guessing that you haven't visited Squaremouth?

I haven't.  Maybe I will for next time.  But I found the coverage I wanted for what seemed to be a good price, so I'm OK with it.  

My problem is if someone puts 50 options in front of me, I'll be there all day and won't make a decision.  You should have seen how many false starts I had before redoing my bathroom 🙂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, phillygwm said:

I haven't.  Maybe I will for next time.  But I found the coverage I wanted for what seemed to be a good price, so I'm OK with it.  

My problem is if someone puts 50 options in front of me, I'll be there all day and won't make a decision.  You should have seen how many false starts I had before redoing my bathroom 🙂

I would recommend test driving it.  The website is very user friendly, and you can search/sort based upon whatever you're looking for.  Once I found a good fit, I tended to purchase the same or similar policies on future trips. I prefer strong medevac and medical, a reasonable amount of trip interruption and cancellation for medical reasons without concern for a lengthy pre-existing condition look back.  I don't buy any insurance that requires I purchase it within "x" days of my first cruise payment.  I book early and often and very often wind up cancelling prior to final payment due to change in plans.

5 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

You should have seen how many false starts I had before redoing my bathroom 🙂

Yeah, I once attempted that for our 23 year old house.  Eventually, I gave up, sold the house, and downsized to a rental.  Life is good and easy when you rent. 😎

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yeah, I once attempted that for our 23 year old house.  Eventually, I gave up, sold the house, and downsized to a rental.  Life is good and easy when you rent. 😎

Totally OT but indulge me.

I had a contractor who told me to go to Home Depot to decide what I wanted.  I had some strong opinions of what I DIDN'T want but was unclear as to what I did.  So I go, I'm looking at all these sinks, cabinetry, faucets, etc. and I'm traumatized. 🙂  I left and never called that contractor back. 

The guy who won my business brought along his "designer."  She literally sat at my kitchen table with books upon books of tiles, dozens of faucets, sinks, etc.  But she presented them as a binary choice:  "Do you prefer this or that?"  Hundreds of choices down to the minutiae.  By the time she was done, I could envision everything and I wrote a check there and then.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

I had a contractor who told me to go to Home Depot to decide what I wanted.  I had some strong opinions of what I DIDN'T want but was unclear as to what I did.  So I go, I'm looking at all these sinks, cabinetry, faucets, etc. and I'm traumatized. 🙂  I left and never called that contractor back. 

That's funny.  I did the opposite.  I scheduled a time to meet with the local Kohler installer, and I provided him with a complete list of what I wanted with Kohler list prices.  Shower components, faucets, etc.  He refused to give me a bid because I knew too much (i.e. I knew that their free installation offer was bogus, as it would have been thousand and thousands - and thousands - more than the sum total of the material list prices).  Nice guy, but we were both wasting our time.  That said, working with him was the most enjoyable of our remodeling attempts.  Don't get me started on the $36K bathroom remodel quote that didn't even include the floor coverings and towel racks....  "I rent and I cruise."  That's my mantra from here on out (and actually brings us back towards on topic.)😎

Too bad we didn't get together for a drink on that October NE Joy cruise.  I think we would have had some fun!

Edited by ChiefMateJRK