Jump to content

ChiefMateJRK

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

Everything posted by ChiefMateJRK

  1. This is true. Also, Rapid Antigen tests are in short supply in some areas, so not even an option for some.
  2. It was also available prior to May 31. I made several bookings during that promo that show LATDBLX on my NCL issued invoices. I believe that June was the "dark" month for the promo.
  3. "We strongly encourage all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test within 96-hours prior to their sail date as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 antigen test, prior to travel."
  4. I believe that it's midnight Eastern time 21 days before. West Coasters can sneak in at 9:00 PM the day before. Also works for dining reservations. 😎
  5. Another vote for luggage tags. I received those really nice vinyl, peel off tags for my upcoming inside, but then upgraded so the tags had the wrong room number. No worried. I just printed some labels with the right room and suck those on top. 😎 NCL told me that they don't resend the tags when your room number changes.
  6. I'm guessing that if the fees are paid to NCL, they are taxed as revenue and then passed on as taxable wages to the employees. If they are paid as they are now, they are likely only taxed once.
  7. I don’t think there’s been any question about cruise refund for all booked in the same stateroom.
  8. Yep. That’s what 99% of us are planning. The other 1% don’t understand the question.
  9. I prefer the version "there are three sides to every story; yours, mine and the truth."
  10. I think the current system is great. I always pay the DSC and generally a small amount of additional tips. It makes my cruise more fun.
  11. Hey look! I agree with @SeaShark It's all good....
  12. That's fair. That's why I said "yes and no." I guess I've just grown tired of the suggestion that the only folks who are stupid enough to sail in steerage are stuck in that "problem" because they don't have enough money. I was trying to make a point (I may have missed the mark). A person may have $10K in their bank account. They can book the Haven or they can book steerage and leave some for their kids/charity/etc. It's (maybe?) all good. 😎 Believe it or not, but spending money needlessly makes some people unhappy.
  13. Yes and no. Some folks could easily afford the Haven, but would rather do other things with their money. In many cases it would be for the benefit of others, not themselves. People are wired differently and have different value systems. Some wish to pamper themselves to the maximum extend that they can afford (and sometimes beyond). Others, not so much....
  14. Well, to be fair, many cruisers find that their clothes fit a bit snug after a cruise even though they haven't had them laundered. 🤣
  15. Are you? I'll stand by the point that the only "surefire" approach is to confirm that the correct promo code is listed on an NCL issued invoice.
  16. Wait a tick! Hopefully we're not equating being on an awful airplane with being on a fabulous cruise ship. They are polar opposites. The ONLY thing I dread about taking a cruise is the crappy airline trip required to get me there. That said, while I generally need to get on a plane quickly (SW boarding process), I'm rarely in any hurry to get off. If it's just my family in the row, we'll just sit there and watch the other clowns wrestle with their luggage in an aisle crammed full of anxious people. I get to the luggage carousel ten minutes later and then have to watch the same clowns block others from getting their bags. This defies all logic but will never change. If everybody would just take two steps back and wait until their luggage actually appears, it would be a better world.
  17. Apparently, NCL doesn't "deny embarkation" for other members of the group who test negative and are booked into different staterooms.
  18. Blasphemy!!! Didn’t you ever have a Mr. French butler to wipe your “nose.” How can you ever be happy?
  19. Not really. It's about waving around a "special" colored card so that people around you understand that you are a superior person and they are crap.
  20. When I've called to upgrade, I've absolutely been able to choose my room.
×
×
  • Create New...