Carnival Luminosa Airlie Beach March 28, 2024

newfarmers

• newfarmers changed the title to Carnival Luminosa Airlie Beach March 28, 2024
  • 9 months later...

Greetings. We are on this cruise, as well as the two cruises before (March 17 to Caledonia and March 24 Arlie beach.) We are from the US and decided to do the 4-day back-to-back for a couple of reasons. One, in case of bad weather, we'll have two chances for the the Arlie Beach Great Barrier Reef snorkel excursion; and 2) we will be leaving on two Royal Caribbean cruises starting April 3.

As a local Brisbaner, any thoughts on getting to Lone Pine Koala while we are in town? The river boat ride to the park sounds really nice, but the time frame of getting to boarding location of the boat don't work out very well with getting on and off Luminosa.

We will be flying into Brisbane 2 days early, but we're pretty sure we'll need some time to rest immediately after arrival, after flying over from the states. Have you been to Lone Pine and what is your opinion?

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 4:18 AM, Envelope21 said:

Greetings. We are on this cruise, as well as the two cruises before (March 17 to Caledonia and March 24 Arlie beach.) We are from the US and decided to do the 4-day back-to-back for a couple of reasons. One, in case of bad weather, we'll have two chances for the the Arlie Beach Great Barrier Reef snorkel excursion; and 2) we will be leaving on two Royal Caribbean cruises starting April 3.

As a local Brisbaner, any thoughts on getting to Lone Pine Koala while we are in town? The river boat ride to the park sounds really nice, but the time frame of getting to boarding location of the boat don't work out very well with getting on and off Luminosa.

We will be flying into Brisbane 2 days early, but we're pretty sure we'll need some time to rest immediately after arrival, after flying over from the states. Have you been to Lone Pine and what is your opinion?

Haven’t logged on for a very long time. Timewise I’d say you’d be pushing it by ferry. You might be able to Uber there and back but it would be super expensive. I went when I was a kid, over 50 years ago, so can’t give you a valid review. I’d go just for the river cruise if you can do it on your ‘middle’ day.

• 1 month later...

Greetings. My husband and I just booked this cruise today. We are on the 31-day transpacific cruise that departs on April 1st. on the Luminosa. We will be flying into Brisbane from Sydney on the day the cruise departs as we disembark from a Norwegian cruise that morning. Praying all the connections work. Was hoping to get the same cabin as the transpacific so we did not have to move but it was taken, and we took the cabin next door. Not too far to move our things. Can't wait to meet all and enjoy this cruise.