Meraviglia YC 12/4 - 7 day cruise

ptuder

We boarded today for our first post COVID cruise!  So happy to be back!  We have done the Seaside twice before in YC.  Looking forward to the Meraviglia and happy to miss the chaos of Miami.  

We got to the port about 10:25 and we were in the first group going aboard at 11:08. We asked at check-in about the capacity of the ship and they said about 2,500 passengers. He also mentioned that the YC is below capacity but I’m not sure how far below. We have seen a couple of familiar faces from our previous Seaside cruises which was a nice surprise. Our room was ready when we boarded. 

Lunch in the restaurant was excellent but a little funny as our server was worried that we were not ordering enough food!  We each had a Cobb salad and shared the tortellini with walnut sauce.  It was plenty of food for us!  

Getting ready for the safety drill now. Will go to Carousel theater tonight for 10 pm show. 

So far everything has been perfect other than my husband sitting on the bed eating the Toblerone!  I told him to not get any chocolate on the nice, clean sheets.  Guess what happened?????😬😬😬

• Like 5

Happy to hear your cruise is off to a good start.  If you happen to venture up to the pool deck I recommend you introduce yourself to Romeo, the deck and and safety person.  He is an absolute delight and will take care of all of your needs.  Also, there are three covered cabanas on the pool deck, 2 of which are reserved for upper suites.  But the third cabana is up for grabs and can be yours for just $34.99 complete with drink service and an ice chest of sodas and waters.  I stumbled on this little gem when I was seeking some shade.  We spent an entire sea day here and loved every minute.  You can book with the concierge if interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Happy to hear your cruise is off to a good start.  If you happen to venture up to the pool deck I recommend you introduce yourself to Romeo, the deck and and safety person.  He is an absolute delight and will take care of all of your needs.  Also, there are three covered cabanas on the pool deck, 2 of which are reserved for upper suites.  But the third cabana is up for grabs and can be yours for just $34.99 complete with drink service and an ice chest of sodas and waters.  I stumbled on this little gem when I was seeking some shade.  We spent an entire sea day here and loved every minute.  You can book with the concierge if interested.

This was gone within minutes. We were pretty disappointed but it will be fine. In the past we had the Royal suite which came with a cabana. Lesson learned since there is only 1 available. 

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Interesting 

20 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We have met Romeo. He is very nice and always looking out for folks. I really can’t say enough about the staff. Everyone has been fantastic. 

Ocean Cay today was perfect. Weather was very pleasant with a nice breeze. Lunch of crab ceviche and a lobster roll was so good. They had a few of the beach areas closed due to the lower capacity but we never saw any area that appeared too crowded. We are back on the ship now with a cocktail up on the pool deck. 

Tomorrow will be lunch on Ocean Cay and then afternoon massages. I booked 2 Balinese massages before we left. They said if the couples room is available they will do it as a couples massage. Butchers Cut dinner tomorrow night  for hubby’s birthday.

One small gripe - even with the reduced capacity in YC and MANY open seats whenever we come up the same chairs have been saved since 9 am this morning. Why????? 

6 minutes ago, ptuder said:

We have met Romeo. He is very nice and always looking out for folks. I really can’t say enough about the staff. Everyone has been fantastic. 

6 minutes ago, ptuder said:

One small gripe - even with the reduced capacity in YC and MANY open seats whenever we come up the same chairs have been saved since 9 am this morning. Why????? 

On our first visit to the pool deck for some sunbathing we picked some loungers near the front railing at the end of the first row.  The next morning we went back to the pool deck for breakfast and Romeo told me that he had already set up our chairs...the same ones from the previous day.  I can't say for certain but my guess is that he is anticipating where people want to sit based on the previous day and is setting them up ahead of time.  I told him that we preferred a more shaded area and by gosh, the next time we visited he had us set up in a shaded area.  Talk to him and tell him your preference.  I think he will set you up!

It's raining and cold here...oh how I'd love to be sitting at Ocean Cay with a drink in hand!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

On our first visit to the pool deck for some sunbathing we picked some loungers near the front railing at the end of the first row.  The next morning we went back to the pool deck for breakfast and Romeo told me that he had already set up our chairs...the same ones from the previous day.  I can't say for certain but my guess is that he is anticipating where people want to sit based on the previous day and is setting them up ahead of time.  I told him that we preferred a more shaded area and by gosh, the next time we visited he had us set up in a shaded area.  Talk to him and tell him your preference.  I think he will set you up!

It's raining and cold here...oh how I'd love to be sitting at Ocean Cay with a drink in hand!  Enjoy!

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the super reports as we are same in February, sooooooo looking forward. We did sail on the Davina, last ship to sail as covid was starting..  was an amazing cruise with half of ship empty!!  After 2 cancelled MSC cruises (2ncl also). Can not wait!!!!