Gift Card Question

Mapomp

(I swear I searched, didn't find an answer 😉 )

I took advantage of the gift card promotion, went through perfectly.  My question now is, how do I apply it to my account? Do I have to wait till I board the ship?

Thanks!

MA

Yes you need to do it with guest services on the ship.  And a tip, don’t feel you need to line up on day one or two to get it applied immediately.  They are always so busy early on and it will just apply as a credit on your account.

On my recent October trip, I had 5 cards to apply and it took the staff member about 20 min to get them all done.  They need to bring up the gift card online to check the balance, apply it to the account, print out the receipt, get another person to initial each slip, have me sign it.

4 minutes ago, Djb4CC said:

Yes you need to do it with guest services on the ship.  And a tip, don’t feel you need to line up on day one or two to get it applied immediately.  They are always so busy early on and it will just apply as a credit on your account.

On my recent October trip, I had 5 cards to apply and it took the staff member about 20 min to get them all done.  They need to bring up the gift card online to check the balance, apply it to the account, print out the receipt, get another person to initial each slip, have me sign it.

You can do it before you cruise. You can buy shipboard credit. 

18 minutes ago, Mapomp said:

How? I don't see it anywhere on my account.  And yes, I am past final payment.

Go to manage my cruise on the HAL website, select the sailing, select packages and gifts, it is called Shipboard credit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1