Singapore 30K Travel Insurance Required to visit?

dreams_of_travel

I was just reading entry and visit requirements for Singapore.  I was a bit surprised to read they want you to have 30K in travel insurance.  Is this a real thing, in that you won't be admitted if you don't have it?  Given that all in my travel party will be triple boosted, we should only have mild symptoms should we contract Covid, and not need hospitalization.  Can anyone elaborate on this requirement? 

I assume that everyone who travels has travel insurance that covers illness, hospitalization and transport home.  An amount of USD 30K is in this context a very low amount.  
I'm sure it will be covered by all travel insurances.

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

I assume that everyone who travels has travel insurance that covers illness, hospitalization and transport home.  An amount of USD 30K is in this context a very low amount.  
I'm sure it will be covered by all travel insurances.

I suppose.  The question is more that they will deny you entry if you don't have specific insurance coverage. I have an annual travel policy, however my travel companion does not.  I've read my policy, and it seems to cover both of us somewhat. Though the listed coverage is 25K after my regular health insurance has been charged.  Guess I'll find out next month. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Traveling to Singapore without the necessary travel insurance with full cover for Illness, hospitalisation, treatment, transport home, assault and trip interruption is risky and can, if the accident happens, be very expensive.
Insurance conditions and coverage work differently in different countries.
It is important that your travel companion is either covered by your insurance or has their own insurance.  
Since I suspect that there is also a cruise, the insurance must of course also cover this.

Some Cruise lines also has specific requirements for insurance coverage - this is from P&O cruises Terms and Conditions “When travelling with us, your insurance must include medical cover of £2 million minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses related to COVID-19”

Edited by hallasm

2Mil GBP?!? that is insane.  That aside, my companion has his regular health insurance which does cover to some extent overseas travel.  Going forward I will pay more attention to this for future travels.  Just glad that my extra insurance has Covid clause coverage whereas when I was booking a trip for 2020 it did not.  So many were caught unawares as travel came to a halt.    We will be okay for this trip.  Thanks for the discussion.

• Thanks 1

The requirements are listed here:

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore

As far as I understand, the insurance is required only of those who are not considered fully vaccinated. It says 

If you can meet the COVID-19 requirements above, you may skip to the General Entry Requirements. If not, you must fulfil the additional COVID-19 requirements listed below.

"Requirements above" refers to a list of vaccines & number of doses etc. The "additional requirements listed below" then mentions the insurance - ie, if you are fully vaccinated (as per Singapore definition), you can skip the part that mentions insurance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1