Christmas Voyages

Minnie29

We are about to embark on our first Christmas voyage with Cunard.

can anyone tell me if they have a traditional Christmas meal in the Britannia restaurant maybe in Formal nights?

Are there any Christmas themed alternative meals/dishes etc?

Thank you

1 minute ago, Minnie29 said:

We are about to embark on our first Christmas voyage with Cunard.

can anyone tell me if they have a traditional Christmas meal in the Britannia restaurant maybe in Formal nights?

Are there any Christmas themed alternative meals/dishes etc?

Thank you

When we did a Christmas cruise, there was roast goose in Christmas Eve, and roast turkey on Christmas Day, which was a formal night. There were other choices as well, which I can’t remember.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Our cruise is December 11th to 23rd. Do you think there will be roast goose/turkey on this voyage? 

On the equivalent cruise last year (we were on it - the Atlantic Coast Adventure on QE (as QV was not replaced) they did not serve turkey to my remembering in the Britannia even on formal nights.   That said it was avaialble at dinner time for a few evenings in the Buffet -> carved to your choice by the excellent staff with all the trimmings.    I didn't see Goose at all.   That said, the food served on the 10th to 23rd cruise last year was all excellent in the Britannia and the lack of this didn't spoil our trip, in fact if anything it made us book many more! (we've been on 3 since!).

This year we're on the longer QM2 caribbean cruise leaving the 15th to the 3rd Jan, and they actually wrote a couple of weeks ago asking for dining times for all on the ship (even open dining people) to plan the Christmas eve/ Christmas day big mealtimes in the Britannia, and yes, a full formal Christmas dinner is planned.... which apparently will take longer to serve than a "normal" meal in the restuarant, hence moving dining around and not allowing open dining on those days.

• Like 1

We are on the QM2 right now and will be on through 12/22.   All the the Christmas decor is in place now except for the gingerbread village.    We only have a few children on this crossing and I hope we pick up many more in Southampton for the Christmas markets segment.   No Christmas related menus so far on this crossing.

• Like 3