Anyone on a recent Carnival TA, is there a somewhat reliable internet connection?

NutsAboutGolf

She is not brand new, but is in the Vista class. In my experience (not on a TA), internet is pretty decent on Vista class and Mardi Gras...but pretty poor on anything older.  However, I have never done a TA.  I doubt it would be great when you are in the middle of the Atlantic. 

11 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

She is not brand new, but is in the Vista class. In my experience (not on a TA), internet is pretty decent on Vista class and Mardi Gras...but pretty poor on anything older.  However, I have never done a TA.  I doubt it would be great when you are in the middle of the Atlantic. 

Thanks, did some research, she launched for Costa in 2018 but is in dry dock.

Couldn't find anything on the CC Costa boards about the internet...Searching for "internet" only yielded 18 results, "wifi" 6 results and "wi-fi" 4 results...None of them were helpful...lol

image.thumb.png.bb358f7b28dd82f133400b0d8c436d14.png

On 12/8/2022 at 3:59 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, did some research, she launched for Costa in 2018 but is in dry dock.

Couldn't find anything on the CC Costa boards about the internet...Searching for "internet" only yielded 18 results, "wifi" 6 results and "wi-fi" 4 results...None of them were helpful...lol

image.thumb.png.bb358f7b28dd82f133400b0d8c436d14.png

Costa is owned by Carnival Corp.  She has the same layout/design as the Carnival "Vista" class so I would expect her internet would be the same. We have been on Vista class three times and generally had good internet (except for on one Christmas cruise right after reopen where I think maybe there was something else going on) so I expect your internet would be decent except for in the middle of the ocean because I don't know if there will be many satellites that are aimed at that region. I also know we have satellite internet at my lake house and whenever it is raining or overcast, we often have trouble with it. With that said, I am no "techy" and I don't exactly know how satellite internet works other than very vaguely.

Also, when we have been on cruises in the far North, our internet seemed to be slow so that might be somewhat comparable to being in the middle of the North Atlantic.  One to Alaska and another to the far northern Scottish Isles which I think is even further north than Southern Alaska...actually, I don't even recall having a problem in Alaska but I do when we were up in the Orkney Islands which are really quite far towards the top of the world. However, we were also on the Pride which is a 20+ year old ship.