Is their really 1500 Covid cases on Celebrity Eclipse?

29 minutes ago, vozzie said:

You all do realise...there were 40,000 new Covid cases in NSW this week?

The ship figures pale into insignificance.

That figure is only reported cases, there are many, many more cases. Plenty of people not reporting or not testing. Almost all Christmas gatherings I have attended in the last 2 weeks have ended up having people infected with Covid, same with my workplace. 

I also believe that the cases on ships is much higher than reported. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

That figure is only reported cases, there are many, many more cases. Plenty of people not reporting or not testing. Almost all Christmas gatherings I have attended in the last 2 weeks have ended up having people infected with Covid, same with my workplace. 

I also believe that the cases on ships is much higher than reported. 

Is it getting to a stage now that it doesn’t really matter? The overall severity of the illness seems to be less and with most immunised and the apparent effectiveness of the medication ( for the elderly etc) the “danger” of contracting Covid seems to be less dramatic. It would be interesting to see comparative statistics from covid and an influenza outbreak.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vozzie said:

You all do realise...there were 40,000 new Covid cases in NSW this week?

The ship figures pale into insignificance.

It is what it is, and the norm for so many cruising friends is they have skipped covid for over 2.5 years but take a cruise and come home with it. For all the talk of how prevalent it is, Majestic Princess is the only place the wife and I have caught covid. People are not testing on land, but also avoiding testing at sea.

Not sure how they pale into insignificance though. 40,000 cases are from 8,000,000 population and includes those who test positive after returning home from a cruise. They say the peak is reached, and it will fall rapidly in NSW. 

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not sure how they pale into insignificance though. 40,000 cases are from 8,000,000 population and includes those who test positive after returning home from a cruise. They say the peak is reached, and it will fall rapidly in NSW. 

150 cases on a ship...Ah, the end of the world is neigh! 40,000 overall cases in NSW...oh, hum!

I wonder where the other 39,850 cases were caught? In a plane? lets stop flying...on a bus? ..we must stop buses.... and on it goes...

Edited by vozzie
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, whatever.

Let's just say the ones that are worried and go all hoity-toity stay at home, and the ones that can handle the situation and get on with life, go on a cruise. 

My wife and I for one will be on THAT ship in two weeks.

Here is the Eclipse leaving Sydney 15 minutes ago. 

Screenshot_20221220-191432_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221220-190649_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by buchhalm

4 hours ago, vozzie said:

150 cases on a ship...Ah, the end of the world is neigh! 40,000 overall cases in NSW...oh, hum!

I wonder where the other 39,850 cases were caught? In a plane? lets stop flying...on a bus? ..we must stop buses.... and on it goes...

Who is saying that we should stop cruising?

I like your maths though, only one ship in Sydney that week?