What nonsense is this? Missed Port

AnitaVacation

On 12/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, Shidah said:

PP and AC....if you mean Puerto Plata and Amber Cove, they are 20 minutes apart and regularly changed out for each other since the beginning of the year.  Why would any refund or OBC be needed for inconvenience?  It doesn’t affect excursions at all.

Calm down dude. Are you on their payroll or something ? I never expected any refund because I know it is how it is. Also both stops were changed. I went on a completely different cruise then advertised. went to Nassau and Ochos instead. Excursions at Plata are in the process of getting refunded so there is no money loss. Its just I have been to both Nassau and Jamaica and didnt want to go back within few moths. 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:41 AM, hallux said:

You don't think it's reasonable?  Taxes and port costs increase over time, if you book a 2024 cruise in 2022 and have port fees and taxes 'locked in' at a certain amount do you REALLY think those fees charged to the cruise line wouldn't increase in the 2 years before you cruise? 

Sorry, but I also find this explanation unreasonable. What about all the passengers that booked just a week or two before sailing (and there were many)?

And... if this is in fact the reasoning, why isn't NCL being forthcoming with this information? Instead they choose the hush hush route at the expense of pushing passengers away...

On 12/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, Shidah said:

PP and AC....if you mean Puerto Plata and Amber Cove, they are 20 minutes apart and regularly changed out for each other since the beginning of the year.  Why would any refund or OBC be needed for inconvenience?  It doesn’t affect excursions at all.

Our sailing on the Getaway didn't go to either port, cancelled completely. I would not expect a refund for a changed port.

• Like 1