Celiac on Marella

We are a couple in our 50's looking at booking our first cruise on Marella.

My wife is Celiac and also must have a low residue diet with very easily digested soft foods.

How good are Marella at dealing with dietary needs such as this?

Me normally cruise a couple of times a year with Royal Caribbean and they are very good with this type of thing.

We are keen to try Marella , but this would be a deal breaker if they could not adequately deal with this type of requirement.

my wife is Gluten intolerant and has to look out for Gluten Free options.

Marella are really good once you make them aware of any requirements.

They will provide you with the following day's menu, so that you can choose your meal in advance, they can "adjust" some meals to ensure they are without gluten and prepared correctly,

I know your wife has a more serious condition and i'm sure you will receive a better answer from someone with experience of the same problems.

My wife has been Coeliac for past 6yrs and is also type 1 diabetic. During that time we have probably done 7 or 8 cruises with Marella and she has never had a problem. Obviously choices are less than what's available to 'normal' cruisers, but as Tony says, they will adapt meals.

I would say that things have definitely improved over those 6 yrs, particularly things such as cereals, crackers, toast, afternoon snacks etc, although some are not on display in the buffet (crackers particularly)

The one bone of contention for my wife is, given the vast range of included bottled lagers, non are gluten free! We usually visit the local supermarket at the first port of call to 'stock up'. Luckily in Europe, it doesn't carry the hefty price tag that we find in Tesco (£6 for 4 bottles 33cl)

I draw this to the attention of Marella every booking, but it falls on deaf ears.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will.