Logistics of online dinner reservations

flyboyswife

Specifically wondering if our advance specialty restaurant reservations are limited to only the number of us (me and hubs) in the cabin.  Taking our first Regent cruise in April (14 day TA). I’ve heard about people dining with other passengers and even crew and both scenarios appeal to us. 

Specialty dining reservations open next month and I’m wondering if I can make an advance reservation online at a specialty restaurant for 4 people (the two of us in our cabin plus two unknowns who we’ll meet on the ship).  Obviously if we don’t meet anyone we want to dine with (unlikely!) we would change the reservation to only the two of us, but we’d love the opportunity to meet others and have the reservation available. Has anyone done this? TIA!

Nope. A reservation for 4 will require the booking number, cabin, and names of the other two diners. When doing this, it counts as a reservation for the additional guests. You can always specify that you are willing to share with other diners who have also specified that preference.

5 hours ago, flyboyswife said:

Specifically wondering if our advance specialty restaurant reservations are limited to only the number of us (me and hubs) in the cabin.  Taking our first Regent cruise in April (14 day TA). I’ve heard about people dining with other passengers and even crew and both scenarios appeal to us. 

Specialty dining reservations open next month and I’m wondering if I can make an advance reservation online at a specialty restaurant for 4 people (the two of us in our cabin plus two unknowns who we’ll meet on the ship).  Obviously if we don’t meet anyone we want to dine with (unlikely!) we would change the reservation to only the two of us, but we’d love the opportunity to meet others and have the reservation available. Has anyone done this? TIA!

I think you have your answers on the Facebook page today, though cross-posting is not necessarily a bad idea. Enjoy!

I wouldn't share this with the riff-raff, but people who read this board are certainly not in that category.

If you stop by one of the specialty restos or the maitre d  late in the afternoon, there may well be a cancellation and they will be happy to give the reservation to you.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

I wouldn't share this with the riff-raff, but people who read this board are certainly not in that category.

If you stop by one of the specialty restos or the maitre d  late in the afternoon, there may well be a cancellation and they will be happy to give the reservation to you.

Great tip! Thank you so much!

• Like 1