Question re: Princess Cays Cabana

Murray's Pop

This Feb will be our 1st time on Princess Cays.  We have had numerous cruises on HAL to Half Moon and have always booked a Cabana.  We have booked a Cabana on our upcoming cruise and wanted to know if Princess offered a "butler" service similar to HAL.  I could find nothing in the excursions that talked about this. 

Looking forward to our 1st Princess Cays visit. Thanks for the info!

Did you book a regular bunaglow, or a Sanctuary Bungalow?

I believe the Sanctuary Bungalows do have more service available.

Which might be good, because there is not a bar in that area.

You can read reviews there where you see this rental 'excursion' on your booking.

And, you could do a quick search here on this forum.

Also, since these cabanas are the furthest out, you might want to try to take advantage of the golf cart.   I also believe you should get priority tender tickets to be the first tenders off the ship that morning.

The description says, "Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic."   So, if you want extra food, this would be an add on.   I think the food has some things that are not at the Princess Cays lunch set up.

But, we have never reserved one, as we want to be close to real beach, and the Sanctuary Bungalows do not have sandy beach access.  (and fewer palm trees with shade)

On 12/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Did you book a regular bunaglow, or a Sanctuary Bungalow?

I believe the Sanctuary Bungalows do have more service available.

Which might be good, because there is not a bar in that area.

You can read reviews there where you see this rental 'excursion' on your booking.

And, you could do a quick search here on this forum.

Also, since these cabanas are the furthest out, you might want to try to take advantage of the golf cart.   I also believe you should get priority tender tickets to be the first tenders off the ship that morning.

The description says, "Additional amenities may be included for a supplemental charge, such as a gourmet picnic."   So, if you want extra food, this would be an add on.   I think the food has some things that are not at the Princess Cays lunch set up.

But, we have never reserved one, as we want to be close to real beach, and the Sanctuary Bungalows do not have sandy beach access.  (and fewer palm trees with shade)

Regular cabana, the Sanctuary is too far away and saw no real advantage.  I've read the reviews and did a search... found nothing. That's why I asked the question.

Yes, I would think that there would be less service in a regular bungalow.

I think you might take the time to talk to the staff when you get there, and let them know you would be happy if they stopped by and brought drinks, etc.

You might attract more attention with honey (and tips might not hurt)

There is a small bar not far from there.

There is no service to bring food from the buffet, or anything other things. 

You will visit the buffet if you want lunch.

If the ship seems full and there are a lot of people at Princess Cays, the lines will start early and be long at the beginning of the lunch service.  So, might plan on getting there early, or going when the lines start to ease up.