Christmas drinks

FLcruisergrl

Somewhat related, in April I had a lost of cocktails I wanted to try. I had the internet so we could see what went in them. The bartender I found (at the outdoor Sugarcane) was very enthusiastic about creating new drinks so was all-in on this experiment...or he's a really, really good actor. I hope he was enthusiastic about it. 

I tried his concoctions, he made me mine. It was a really fun time! 

I'd definitely suggest you bring along your favorite (or new) recipes, find the perfect bartender that enjoys experimenting and doesn't have a line three deep at the bar, and have fun! Enjoy your Christmas aboard...well, whatever NCL ship you'll be aboard. 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Somewhat related, in April I had a lost of cocktails I wanted to try. I had the internet so we could see what went in them. The bartender I found (at the outdoor Sugarcane) was very enthusiastic about creating new drinks so was all-in on this experiment...or he's a really, really good actor. I hope he was enthusiastic about it. 

I tried his concoctions, he made me mine. It was a really fun time! 

I'd definitely suggest you bring along your favorite (or new) recipes, find the perfect bartender that enjoys experimenting and doesn't have a line three deep at the bar, and have fun! Enjoy your Christmas aboard...well, whatever NCL ship you'll be aboard. 🙂

Thanks! We’re boarding the Escape tomorrow. First time in the Haven proper (usually do afts) and first time with premium plus bev package!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

This may be a weird question, but has anyone been able to get a bartender (specifically in the Haven) to make a Christmas drink, such as coquito?

Specific to Coquito, I'd kind of doubt they'd have the ingredients onhand:  Cinnamon, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, coconut milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and, of course, rum.  Recipes vary but those tend to be pretty constant.

I love coquito but it isn't something made by the glass, at least not by my friends!  So I suppose it's possible that they might make some in bulk-- my friends make it 1/2 gallon at a time and on a ship I'd imagine the proportions would be many times larger.  So I wouldn't bet on that one.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

Specific to Coquito, I'd kind of doubt they'd have the ingredients onhand:  Cinnamon, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, coconut milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and, of course, rum.  Recipes vary but those tend to be pretty constant.

I love coquito but it isn't something made by the glass, at least not by my friends!  So I suppose it's possible that they might make some in bulk-- my friends make it 1/2 gallon at a time and on a ship I'd imagine the proportions would be many times larger.  So I wouldn't bet on that one.

I’ll ask. The only ingredient that gives me pause is the sweetened condensed milk. They’d have everything else. I may just ask them to make me something similar to it and see what they improvise.

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

You’d be surprised. I’m not Puerto Rican…it’s gained a lot of popularity over the last few years!

Different Latin countries do it (often with their own twists on alcohol.)  I was introduced by a Cuban friend.  Goya advertises it on TV pretty heavily this time of year.  If I didn't already know what it was, I'd have been curious enough to Google it.

• Like 2