Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am enjoying your food pics and reports whilst I am hiding at home away from the zillion tourists down here, it is a jungle out there.

Continue to enjoy your adventure.

https://www.google.com/search?q=it's+a+jungle+out+there+monk&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifx-yc_538AhWUxTgGHbumBFIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1695&bih=944&dpr=0.9#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:abe7c28f,vid:L_IOsLYVKkY

4 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Ok. Will ask when I'm passing. But I'm pretty sure the crown grill is still $40 Australian 

Hello all. We will be on the Majestic Princess around Australia cruise in March so I had a look on my app at the specially restaurant bookings section. The prices sure have gone up! Crown Grill, Bistro Sur La Mer and Harmony are all now $52.65 per head. I'm pretty sure that Crown Grill was only $29 per head a couple of weeks ago. Free restaurant only for us going forward.

2 minutes ago, suey said:

Just had an update about boarding being delayed next week by three hours due to Covid and a deep clean being needed.

We are booked on that cruise. I guess their email will arrive soon. Not much we can do. Drop off the luggage and go for a long lunch nearby. 

4 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

We are booked on that cruise. I guess their email will arrive soon. Not much we can do. Drop off the luggage and go for a long lunch nearby. 

We have decided to leave luggage at hotel and go out for lunch before heading to port.

5 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Speaking of prices going up, there has been plenty of discussion about the specialty restaurants going up. (supposedly another 14 Dec price rise)

Could you let us know what they are currently at?

Ok. Just walked past. Will attach the menu. Price at the top $40 per person.

20221229_190045.jpg

20221229_190049.jpg

20221229_190054.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Debbpen said:

Hello all. We will be on the Majestic Princess around Australia cruise in March so I had a look on my app at the specially restaurant bookings section. The prices sure have gone up! Crown Grill, Bistro Sur La Mer and Harmony are all now $52.65 per head. I'm pretty sure that Crown Grill was only $29 per head a couple of weeks ago. Free restaurant only for us going forward.

Unless you have booked on a particular promo, the price has been $40 for a few months now. The jump to $52.65 comes into play for cruises departing after 20th February, unless the restaurant was pre-booked before 14th December.

Left the Karen carpenter tribute show early.

She wasn't great. Caught the last couple of songs with the band in explorers. I think majority rules is next.

That's what I love about cruising. If the entertainment isn't to your taste, just move to the next lounge, bar, theatre

• Like 1

I don’t begrudge the cruise lines putting prices up, they are really trying to keep everything going after a horrendous two years. On our upcoming cruise, I’ve upgraded us considerably so we’ll have lots of fun. On my following ones, I may feel it more. I like to prepay so I’m not too stressed about the costs onboard. But I also prepay onboard credit to use - it’s already spent, I might as well enjoy it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, suey said:

Just had an update about boarding being delayed next week by three hours due to Covid and a deep clean being needed.

Is that for the Grand? Currently on board. Captain mentions increasing ‘respiratory cases’ on board each day but no indication of covid numbers. If you’ve been notified already there must be a few cases on board!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essence08 said:

Is that for the Grand? Currently on board. Captain mentions increasing ‘respiratory cases’ on board each day but no indication of covid numbers. If you’ve been notified already there must be a few cases on board!! 

If/when a ship reaches tier 2 (3% infections), there is a written letter to your cabin advising you of extra precautions that are being taken. Without such a letter, covid numbers are considered low.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

If/when a ship reaches tier 2 (3% infections), there is a written letter to your cabin advising you of extra precautions that are being taken. Without such a letter, covid numbers are considered low.

Thank you for that. No letters yet so must still be below tier 2.  
Have had a great cruise. No complaints from us about anything. 
for those following along/ we are just making our way into Port Chalmers. A very pretty entrance to the Port. First day of poor weather, going to need a jumper and rain coat. 
princess are running a return shuttle to Dunedin for $35pp. 

• Like 2