Luggage Disembarking Question

54Carol

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, you post a picture that says Self Assist "NO TAGS REQUIRED" (in all caps). I don't understand your question. 

You'll have to excuse my ignorance since I've not cruised before. 🥺

Yes, I saw the "NO TAGS REQUIRED" words, but it's only written in the row for for 6-7 am departure and not mentioned anywhere else.  It made me think that was our only time we can self-assist leave, and maybe if we left later they may require the appropriate colored tag. So I just wanted to:

A) fully understand the disembarking process.  You helped me understand. Thank you. 

B) be sure it was OK to leave later than 7 am in one of the colored row time slots, and not have a color tag on our self-assist luggage.  I'm going with no, we don't need a gray tag to leave on our own at 8 am. 

Thank you for painting the picture of how crowded it can be! we'll be sure we get an early start and will likely carry our bags down the stairs since we have small bags. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Yes, if you carry your own luggage you can leave the ship at any time after the port authorities clear the ship for disembarkation.  If you expect to meet your ride at 8:30, though, you probably will need to plan on leaving the ship earlier than 8:15.  There could be a delay in the port terminal which causes the line of passengers trying to exit early to stack up.  The Customs or Immigration officers might take longer than normal to process the exiting passengers.  There probably are other circumstances which could delay you in getting from the ship to the curb.  On a recent cruise on the Sky returning to Miami, it took us from 7:04 AM until 8:31 AM to get from our stateroom to the taxi stand.

Thank you.  You also  helped me understand that we need to get an earlier start for an 8:30 pick up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance since I've not cruised before. 🥺

Yes, I saw the "NO TAGS REQUIRED" words, but it's only written in the row for for 6-7 am departure and not mentioned anywhere else.  It made me think that was our only time we can self-assist leave, and maybe if we left later they may require the appropriate colored tag. So I just wanted to:

A) fully understand the disembarking process.  You helped me understand. Thank you. 

B) be sure it was OK to leave later than 7 am in one of the colored row time slots, and not have a color tag on our self-assist luggage.  I'm going with no, we don't need a gray tag to leave on our own at 8 am. 

Thank you for painting the picture of how crowded it can be! we'll be sure we get an early start and will likely carry our bags down the stairs since we have small bags. 🙂

Don't worry, you had a valid question. I understand the confusion, especially if you have never cruised before. It does look confusing and that you are only allowed to leave during that hour and not later.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, you post a picture that says Self Assist "NO TAGS REQUIRED" (in all caps). I don't understand your question. 

Be aware that several thousand people have the same idea. We disembarked a ship this morning and people were waiting over half an hour to squeeze into an elevator going up or down. Many resorted to carrying their luggage down the stairs from Deck 15 to 7. And, the crew were not allowing some to carry large pieces, forcing them to wait for an elevator. 

I think I get what they are saying.  It seems like the ship is asking people to restrict self-assist to between 6 am and 7 am.    Is it being suggested that disembarkation will be too crowded to accommodate folk with luggage after 7 am.  

In the circumstances I would be trying to get off around 7 am and find somewhere to wait or go for a grey ticket with an airtag in the case.   A cruise ship on disembarkation is not a relaxing place to wait in  my opinion.