Celebrity Millennium Review, Dec. 10th to 17th

Grumpella

This was our 14th cruise, second with Celebrity. We have done 6 Carnival, 6 Norwegian and 1 Celebrity before this.

Embarkation:

We had a 12:00 check in time assigned to us.  We arrived at 11:00 and were on the ship by 11:30 and our room was ready.

Room:

We booked a Concierge Class guarantee as that room was the same price as the lowest balcony category.  We were assigned a C3 on deck 7.

After checking in, we went to Guest Services.  I have always wanted an Aft balcony and asked about the cost for an upgrade.  I had called prior to the cruise about this and they wanted an additional $2000. Ouch.

Anyways, guest services gave us an Aft balcony, Family Veranda, on deck 8, for no additional cost, however, we would lose our concierge benefit.  Great deal. The Aft balcony was huge, had 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a table.  This cabin also had a separate area for 3 people to sleep, with sliding doors and another tv.  

Stops:

We like the beach.  We went to Sapphire beach in St. Thomas, Ffryes Beach in Antigua, Reduit Beach in St. Lucia, Grand Anse Beach in Grenada and Cockleshell Beach in St. Kitts.  These were all beautiful beaches, with drink service by locals on the beach (bars were nearby).

Food:

I am not very fussy about food, but I do think the food was better on NCL and much better on Holland America.  We ate in the main dining room every night and had breakfast at the buffet.  I did appreciate the free room service, though the menu was very limited.  The burgers and fries at the outdoor grill were excellent.

Photos:

I purchased the unlimited Photos to print prior to the cruise for $40.  This was an excellent deal.  We had photos at embarkation, at every port and several others around the ship.  Last month, I paid $ 30 for an 8 x 10 on Holland America.

Excursions:

I took the behind the scenes tour, there were only 12 of us.  It was very expensive, $124 when I bought before the cruise.  It was a very good tour and lasted 2 hours.

We took the tour around San Juan for 3 1/2 hours and then a bus ride to the airport after we got off the ship. It was pouring out, so this basically was a time filler, though the guide was very good and we learned alot about San Juan and Puerto Rico and saw some beautiful sites.

Debarkation:

We walked off the ship for our 8:15 tour of San Juan with our bags.  Very easy and no lines.

We had a very good time.  The ship was well maintained, clean and the service was good.  2 of the things I did not like were the hot tub was not very hot and the shower was also not very hot.  I like it hot.

Would I do Celebrity again?  If the itinerary and price were good, yes.  However, if I'm being honest, I prefer NCL because of the better food (my husband is very picky) and Holland America is now my new favorite (because of much better food and in my mind, better service).

• Thanks 1

Interesting comments. We like Millennium which has given us two

of our favourite cruises. We have cruised a lot with Celebrity (Elite 

plus) but are now drifting away, mainly to HAL and Azamara and

occasionally to NCL. The main reason is my dislike of the Edge

class ships and the lack of progress in refurbishing all the

S and M class ships.

Thank you for this. We are looking into this ship for April. We have never done a Celebrity so wondering if we should stick to what we know. It's for a 60th bd and I don't want to be second guessing myself the whole time.  You said the condition was good? Looks like it was recently (for a ship) renovated. How are the cabins?