May 28th Pride sailing update

Eli_6

Reading all of this has me seriously thinking of just going ahead and booking the Venezia TA.  I would only lose $100 per room if I cancel the Venezia if the Pride goes forward.  The Venezia is on all of the port schedules and showing up on the website so I feel confident that cruise is a go.  She takes off only a day after the Pride and arrives in New York only a couple of days later from when the Pride was supposed to arrive in London.  Unfortunately, because it is a TA, it doesn't go to near as many ports, but the flip side is the ship is nicer. My husband refers to the Pride as a "rust bucket."  His words, not mine. 

4 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Wow!  This really makes me nervous, as we have B2B scheduled for June.  Will be watching. Thank you for posting.  Fingers crossed.

I think the cruises other than this one are okay.  The Norwegian Fjords cruise on June 9th or 10th (or whenever it is) is still on the website and the Pride is showing up in Dover the day it is departing.  I think the concern about this specific cruise is that the dry dock may run over. 

Edit: Never mind. I see other people are having issues, too, even with later bookings. Very strange. Very strange indeed. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I think the cruises other than this one are okay.  The Norwegian Fjords cruise on June 9th or 10th (or whenever it is) is still on the website and the Pride is showing up in Dover the day it is departing.  I think the concern about this specific cruise is that the dry dock may run over. 

Edit: Never mind. I see other people are having issues, too, even with later bookings. Very strange. Very strange indeed. 

I am now looking at alternatives. I will lose 2 deposits, so I do not take this lightly, however, in the larger scheme, I am not willing to place this "much anticipated trip" in peril.  I think it is prudent to begin to look elsewhere.  I had to have my vacation time approved a year in advance for this journey.  If Carnival would issue a positive response, It would help tremendously, but that is not what I am seeing.

• Like 2

FWIW, I was booked on a canceled Jubilee sailing and the itinerary listings on the TA site had been restricted/removed since late October so I had a feeling that they knew a delay was coming and sailings were to be canceled, but they just hadn't decided when to start canceling.

I can see the Pride itinerary listings and this is what it shows ... so, I think you're probably still good.1138034630_ScreenShot2022-12-22at11_35_19PM.png.8f8fc1ad1c423ad55997fbf1109de618.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, shiner6 said:

I am now looking at alternatives. I will lose 2 deposits, so I do not take this lightly, however, in the larger scheme, I am not willing to place this "much anticipated trip" in peril.  I think it is prudent to begin to look elsewhere.  I had to have my vacation time approved a year in advance for this journey.  If Carnival would issue a positive response, It would help tremendously, but that is not what I am seeing.

Oh, I am not canceling my pride cruise yet. I am just looking at alternatives for if they do cancel.  I will probably switch over to the Venezia TA.  I can get my return flight (money and miles) refunded minus a small fee and there are still plenty of rooms open on the Venezia TA.  Another option is to do an MSC cruise out of Barcelona.  I think if they do cancel, it will be in the next month or two.  If make it to final payment, I would *hope* we would be okay.  

• Like 1

So I just wanted to give everyone an update.  After some cajoling by our PVP, the Fly2Fun department finally processed our air and got us a proper itinerary and confirmation number via email.  So a process that was suggested to take 2 days actually took 2 weeks and only then with one of Carnival's most senior PVPs turning up the heat. So we're set and nothing looks out of place for us in late August.

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1