Delayed flight claim

All,

Hoping someone has successfully managed to claim for a delayed flight using the online TUI form.

I think I'm inputting the correct info, quoting the Marella booking reference, stating I booked online using a TUI/Firstchoice website. I've not included our middle names as they don't appear on the booking confirmation but I've been rejected twice. Of course there's no way to speak to anyone and I just get the message saying we couldn't locate you in our delay system.

So if anyone has been through this loop can you clarify, did you say you'd booked online via TUI, did you include middle names?

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

1 hour ago, Mike.S said:

All,

Hoping someone has successfully managed to claim for a delayed flight using the online TUI form.

I think I'm inputting the correct info, quoting the Marella booking reference, stating I booked online using a TUI/Firstchoice website. I've not included our middle names as they don't appear on the booking confirmation but I've been rejected twice. Of course there's no way to speak to anyone and I just get the message saying we couldn't locate you in our delay system.

So if anyone has been through this loop can you clarify, did you say you'd booked online via TUI, did you include middle names?

Mike

Hi Mike

Yes we have had a successful claim but Tui turned us down many times and we had the go through different avenues, which I can look up for you but it will take some time as it was a few years ago, don't go with someone you have to pay for, I think it cost us about £20.

The basic time is when the cabin door is opened on your return flight not touch down which they tried on with us. 

It did take us a long time to sort out but we'll worth it in the end. 

You do have to receive a refusal from your supplier before claiming. 

Don't remember how I filled the forms in but I will sort out contacts if no one has more recent info. 

Just let me know and don't give up. 👌

19 hours ago, Mike.S said:

All,

Mike

We had a flight delay in Sept (land holiday, not cruise), filled in the Tui online form and were paid within 14 days (yes I was amazed!). It did say online, not to claim until 3 days after the flight, so perhaps they need 3 days to process their information for the flight, so have you allowed the 3 days?

If you have a FB account, try contacting them using the messenger service on FB, as they respond reasonably quickly

Edited by howmuch!