X newbie: captains club, multiple logs in on app, boarding times, etc?

TravelingCircusof5

Hi all, 

It’s getting closer to online check in time for our first X cruise. We will have no ‘status’. We’ll be on Beyond. A couple questions: 

Do we need to join Captains Club or does one automatically get assigned a number? I think i clicked ‘Sign up’ from my login, so looks like i have a number now but not Dh.

Since my email address is attached to the ressie, i get the emails. How does my Dh get his own log in for excursions, etc and his own CC number? Also he would like to get the emails too. Can I have two emails on the ressie?

What is the benefit of getting an early boarding time?

What should we bring in our carry on? How long for luggage to arrive?

Guest 4-2-N-8

Helpful things that I've discovered will allow others to answer with improved accuracy are:

1. What port?

2. What ship?

3. What room type?

4. Do you like to gripe at the drop of a hat or is life stupendous from the git go of sunlight at the dawn of each new day?*

*recommendation: don't be so quick to find happiness in each day. You'll be happier (at least on this site), if you can find things to gripe about.

As an added feature, you'll get a lot more love commensurate with your Gripes Per Day. Think of Gripes Per Day (GPDs) as your Miles Per Gallon.

Now, get those GPDs up there (no government mandate required or air quality index to be concerned about). 

Gripe like you mean it. About something. Anything.🕺

Edited by 4-2-N-8

2 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

*recommendation: don't be so quick to find happiness in each day. If you can find things to gripe about, you'll get a lot of love here. Now, start griping like you mean it. About something. Anything.🕺

😜

Oh no! I do try hard to be sunny and positive to others in real life... In general, I don’t last long on message boards because of the Unnecessary Roughness.

The Beyond, Ft Lauderdale, non- suite, Sunset Verandah

Any newbie, first day tips are welcome too. I try to make the best of situations, but do think some planning helps. If we can Zig when everyone else Zags, that’s generally helpful.

Guest 4-2-N-8
23 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

😜

Oh no! I do try hard to be sunny and positive to others in real life... In general, I don’t last long on message boards because of the Unnecessary Roughness.

The Beyond, Ft Lauderdale, non- suite, Sunset Verandah

Any newbie, first day tips are welcome too. I try to make the best of situations, but do think some planning helps. If we can Zig when everyone else Zags, that’s generally helpful.

CUT!

We need to take it from the top.

Remember, gripes will get you everywhere.

Hint: start off with a simple gripe.

Double super hint: gripe about cruise food order mix up (especially if what you ordered, they actually delivered correctly, but you thought you ordered something else).

Quadruple somersault whamo maximum hint: gripe about a drink order or temperature of food issue (especially if the food you ordered came from 19 decks down on the opposite end of the ship and it was 1.27 degrees cooler than expected).

Bonus hint: Always try for the somersault level gripe.

Trust me, they'll LOVE you!

So, here we go:

Newbie questions for Celebrity SCENE ONE, TAKE 2:

Aaannnd ACTION!

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Welcome to Celebrity TravelingCircus.  I don't think the majority of people on Cruise Critic are whiners and gripers.  I have been on this site for some time and I have learned a ton of things from the posts of others.

So, what are the benefits of boarding early?  If you want to take pictures of this beautiful ship it will be less crowded.  I love the way you can go to your cabin and drop off your hand luggage (they didn't use to do that).  Then you can go to the Oceanview cafe and being among the first on the ship, you will have no trouble finding a table.  It does get very crowded as more people board.  

If you want to make reservations for a speciality restaurant, your chances will be better for booking. I was told once that they keep 50% of the capacity for people booking on board.  i don't know if that is still the case.

At the end of this cruise you will belong to Captains Club and you will be Classic.  You will get 3 points/day for your sunset cabin which, by the way, is a great choice.  Sitting looking at the wake is mesmerising. I would go to the Captains Club host and ask her about getting your Captains Club numbers.

Your husband should contact Celebrity and ask to be put on the email list.  My husband is not on the email list and it doesn't seem to matter, he gets his points the same as I do.

I wish you a great cruise and many more to follow.  if you book on board for the next cruise, there are perks.

You might be interested in this live review of Beyond by stealthdog.  I hope I can post the URL to save you looking for it.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 2

If you are brining wine on , 2 bottles per adult/4 bottles max per cabin,   carry 
those on.  Luggage usually arrives between 3-4.  When you board you go directly to your cabin where you sea pass cards will be in a envelope outside the door.

Drop off your carry one and if the cabin isn’t ready go explore or grab lunch.

• Like 1

You can also go to the Celebrity home page and click on Sign Up in the upper right corner. It will give you the opportunity to create a login for your DH. Once you do that, he can sign in.  (It may leave you at the main page, I don't remember...if so, click on his initials in the upper right corner then Manage Reservation.) There he should see a 'panel' that says Captains Club and underneath it a blue (if I remember correctly) box that says Enroll Now. Click on it and then he will  have a Captain's number assigned. If your reservation doesn't show up there after creating his login, scroll down a little bit and find "Don't See Your Cruise?" and you can link it there using your reservation number.  For some emails, again click on the circle with his initials in the upper right corner. Then click on "Profile"...then is a box "Offers and Communications"...click on that and select the Celebrity box.

As to your carry-on, put your must have necessities in it first. Makeup/toiletries, medical supplies/meds, and the like. Anything you may think you need/want upon entering your cabin before your main luggage arrives. Perhaps even a change of clothes if they will fit.

Hope I remembered things correctly!

Bon Voyage!!

ETA: Don't really know how long it will take for luggage to arrive...likely somewhat dependent on how full the ship is...and perhaps what class of cabin you are in...  

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1