OOPs! Hubby & I have 2 different check in times.

kurdav

I must have been sleepy when I did online check in.   DH has a 9:30-10:00 check in and I have a 10:00-10:30.   Weill we be both be able to enter the check in area at say 9:45 or will I be forced to wait until 10:00?   Last cruised 10 years ago and I don't remember picking a check in time then.   

Check in times are new since COVID, apparently to reduce crowds. Doesn’t seem like it has the intended effect. Arrived an hour earlier then our check in time 2 days ago as we believed the trip would take longer then it did. No one was even checking times. I’d say hubby will be able to check in with you. I wouldn’t be concerned. 

28 minutes ago, ellewoods said:

No one was even checking times. I’d say hubby will be able to check in with you. I wouldn’t be concerned. 

This is correct.  The purpose of check-ins is to level load the number of people in the terminal (particularly in line) at any given time.  This used to be necessary because people needed to stand in line for testing, then (in some cases) another line to get into the terminal, then the check-in line itself.

Without testing and the line to get into the terminal, it's less important.  On my two cruises over the past 4 months, they were not. 

Besides that, if you're in the same cabin with the same boarding docs as your husband, it would actually be more work to check you in separately than if you were standing there together.

Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurdav said:

I must have been sleepy when I did online check in.   DH has a 9:30-10:00 check in and I have a 10:00-10:30.   Weill we be both be able to enter the check in area at say 9:45 or will I be forced to wait until 10:00?   Last cruised 10 years ago and I don't remember picking a check in time then.   

Same thing happened to me on the Epic in Nov. They never checked.

5 hours ago, kurdav said:

that's actually a positive development.

Give DH a list of things to do like dining and entertainment reservations and send him on ahead.

Tell him where to meet you and what cocktail he should have obtained for you.

• Haha 3