Grand Princess - best spot for scenic cruising?

Hi all, 

Looking for recommendation of where to watch scenic cruising onboard the Grand for the NZ sounds.

Is there a particular lounge or spot for best views?

Do many go outside or mainly stay inside?

Thanks!

Edited by LuckiePuris

I prefer the open top deck so I can swap sides at will, the Oasis (aft, deck 16) would be good for viewing and offers some cover. If the weather is bad, then any of the lounges with window views (crooners) or your own balcony if you have one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

In good weather, they will open up the deck area above the bridge. For Milford Sound, that is #1 spot, but don't tell too many people.

Wow thanks that sounds amazing! Any chance you have any photos of the space / directions? Thanks!

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I prefer the open top deck so I can swap sides at will, the Oasis (aft, deck 16) would be good for viewing and offers some cover. If the weather is bad, then any of the lounges with window views (crooners) or your own balcony if you have one.

Thank you for the tips!

18 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

Wow thanks that sounds amazing! Any chance you have any photos of the space / directions? Thanks!

Not my pic, courtesy of Mr Goggle as my own pics of Milford Sound are sitting on a corrupt portable drive. Like the picture though, my cruise on Grand did take me under the Golden Gate bridge. 

At the right edge, the glassed in area is the bridge, and the area above it is via a gate that remains mostly closed. For scenic cruising on the Grand Class ships, they usually open the gates to allow access. To get there, go all the way forward on deck 15 (Sun Deck) and wait at the gate. If you get there after it has been opened, the best spots are likely to be taken.

grand.thumb.jpg.40a1372c07095fc0eb45239eef41e2bc.jpg

4 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Keep in mind that even in Dec/Jan it can still be pretty cold in the Sounds 🥶

My wife Darra taking in Fiordland views January 2012 on our first cruise - Celebrity Century.

And a couple of friends of ours wrapped in blankets. They talked us into going.

DSC_0463.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG