Magica 2-25 to 3-5 Review

packercruising

This will be a quick review of our cruise. When Joe gets done typing :) he will have more and I will try and answer any questions.

Embarkation was a breeze! My wife has bad knees and uses a cane when we need to stand in line. They saw the cane and moved us to the head of the line. But even the ones that were in line were on board shortly thereafter. Registering your credit card after you board is a great idea. Our cabin steward ws excellent! Cruise tip of the day- This one is important and must be a good guide to life too because it was printed in 5 languages! "Do not flush whilst seated":rolleyes:

The ship was beautiful and the Italian decor was top notch. Our first port was Key West but we were only there 1/2 day. The life boat drill was actually after our stop in Key West. The first formal night was Monday Cruise tip of the day- Use your remote to find the tv channel that tells you how to use your remote.

Tuesday we were at Cozumel. All ships tender here because of the hurricanes. We stayed on the ship. The buffets are all over the place and practically always open. Breakfast was very good and for the less adventurous the pizza was also very good! I don't want to comment on the food too much as some of it I liked a lot and some I didn't. And the list wouldnt even agree with my wife's list. Suffice it to say, there's food for everyone's liking. Cruise Tip of the day- "Mind the Steps". I have no idea what they are going to do but intend to mind them:)

Wednesday was an At Sea day. Entertainment in all parts of the ship was very good. Cruise tip of the day- On ships, as in life, not all elevators go to the top.

Thursday was Ocho Rios. It was hot, hot, hot! Dunns River Falls was really neat. Cruise tip of the day- sometimes, even on a ship, the corridor is a dead end and you have to turn around.

Friday we were at Grand Caymans. All ships tender because the water is too shallow close to shore. The tender service used by Costa was very good. Cruise tip of the day- There will be those you meet and never see again, but that doesn't make them any less your friend.

Saturday at sea. Toga Party! What a blast! do not miss it! Cruise tip of the day- Like the sign language symbol on my new friend Eddie's cap says, "Hang Loose"!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Loved your tips of the day. Just a few short weeks and we'll be there -- We're getting really excited.

So, this is off the subject -- but you're from Green Bay? I was born there and spent much of my childhood there -- Then we moved to Indy when I was 12. I have many fond memories of Green Bay.

:)

Thnx Packer

so glad to hear that you had a good time... but I knew you would based on your personality that i "saw" thru your posts!!!

sounds like each cruise with COSTA MAGICA is getting better and better the closer and closer they are getting into Spring Break...

do you know anything about the Camp Program on board, like did they have a meeting to Meet the Camp Counselors and if yes, when was it?

i really believe that COSTA has improved lots... also, thnx for the tips...I'll be sure to pass the one about the flushing of the toilet on to my hubby!!!

Elaine :)

:) Actrually we are from Milwaukee. The cruise we were on was a Packer Player's cruise. It included Nick Barnett, Aaron Rodgers, Gilbert Brown and Brett's mom! It was our 5th Packer cruise. If you think you might be interested for next year go to http://www.fuzzys63.com. We had over 80 this year in the group and expect more next year since it is the 10 year anniversary of XXXI.

It was an excellent time! I hope to see lot's of positive posts about the ship as the negative ones that have been posted seem unwarranted. But then, everyone has different experiences so who's to say?

Hi Elaine515, Your post came in between. There is a kids program on the ship but I don't know what it's called. It looked like the kids were having a blast though! From what I could figure out, it is impossible to flush whilst seated without breaking your arm so I thought it was pretty funny they would write that. You just know that somewhere, at some time, some guy whose elevator doesn't go to the top, actually tried it :)

Archived