Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

BDR is closed, but so dang pretty. We can’t stop talking about what a great job they did with this ship. She really is beautiful. We just had a discussion about how we’ll look at her in 20

years. We had a great Alaskan cruise on Miracle this summer, and she’s fantastic but she’s so Farcus and very clearly a product of her time. How will these ships age? 

176FD921-BA50-48FF-9E44-E37AAF2BB222.thumb.jpeg.ccbc3f3118ff1e6b3a3f4dd2128a1763.jpeg

• Like 5

So we have a snorkel/catamaran excursion planned for tomorrow in AC but between my ankle and just a general desire to take it easy and enjoy the ship, we may head to Adventures at 8am and try to cancel. Not sure if that’s allowed, but hey. Tour goes off at 9:15 so it’s worth a shot. I’m not so secretly rooting hard for a lazy ship day. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, allinwonderland said:

I feel like I'd have to do Excel class on an itinerary I don't really care about so I could prioritize seeing/doing/eating everything on the ship instead.

completely feel this. We were just saying at dinner last night we really need two weeks to do and see everything we want!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Whew. Even though it was non refundable ShoreX gave B a full refund with no issue on our snorkeling excursion today. That’s a load off. Here’s to the chillest of chill days!

She got the refund without you having to show off your shiny colorful ankle?  I thought you would want to show it off in hopes it preyed on some lesser-known policy or their mercy.  Since they gave you a refund on a non-refundable excursion, I'll remove my "boo Carnival" from earlier.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Whew. Even though it was non refundable ShoreX gave B a full refund with no issue on our snorkeling excursion today. That’s a load off. Here’s to the chillest of chill days!

When I was on MG with my mom in Oct 2021, my mom wasn't feeling 100% and Adventures refunded our excursion.  I'm glad it worked out for you two as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

She got the refund without you having to show off your shiny colorful ankle?  I thought you would want to show it off in hopes it preyed on some lesser-known policy or their mercy.  Since they gave you a refund on a non-refundable excursion, I'll remove my "boo Carnival" from earlier.

Oh I was ready if needed! I just opted for “not walking” over “walking as my first course of action 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Pre-port day Lido chaos, but not with that blue iguana trick! The best! (While poor B waits inside at an omelette station) 

D0C30DF4-1E0C-42A2-867C-FA1FD05CDEAC.thumb.jpeg.ea75f4d0c592dfd3300dc3a285e92950.jpeg

B9CF2F30-FC3A-419B-BA67-B2653F482FE0.thumb.jpeg.908a185604a00544ddaf34301f1a70cd.jpeg

I LOVE that orange habanero sauce next to the fresh cilantro on the fixins' bar.  And everything at blue iguana... except the lousy watery guac, when they even have it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I LOVE that orange habanero sauce next to the fresh cilantro on the fixins' bar.  And everything at blue iguana... except the lousy watery guac, when they even have it.

I am right there with you. That habanero is my #3 behind the green jalapeño sauce, i just have to have the liquids ready!

• Like 2