Sole Mare Restaurant?

doone

Looking at eating dinner at this restaurant while docked at Aruba, it was recommended by a friend who vacationed in Aruba.  Does anyone know how far away this spot is from the cruise terminal?  We don’t sail til 11 pm so we thought dinner on the island would be great.  Thanks for your help.

It is about 5 miles. 

We have been going to Aruba since 1984 for two or three weeks each year. 

Sole Mare used to be a favorite but has dropped out of our rotation due to some poor service issues way before Covid.

The one redeeming dish is the pasta in the flaming wheel of cheese but you can get that dish elsewhere.  I would recommend Azzuro's instead if that dish is what you are looking for.  Azzuro's has a prettier space with Ocean views - Sole Mare is just a plain restaurant.

3 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

It is about 5 miles. 

We have been going to Aruba since 1984 for two or three weeks each year. 

Sole Mare used to be a favorite but has dropped out of our rotation due to some poor service issues way before Covid.

The one redeeming dish is the pasta in the flaming wheel of cheese but you can get that dish elsewhere.  I would recommend Azzuro's instead if that dish is what you are looking for.  Azzuro's has a prettier space with Ocean views - Sole Mare is just a plain restaurant.

Thank you so much, Azzuro’s, how farwould that be from the ships?  Assuming taxi’s are easy to get?

there is a lot of choices around the cruise port.     are you looking only for dinner   or to see the beaches?

On our cruise to aruba  we ventured to palm beach area to see the sunset as they are spectacular.     Maybe an early dinner so you can be on the beach to see the sunset 

14 hours ago, serene56 said:

there is a lot of choices around the cruise port.     are you looking only for dinner   or to see the beaches?

On our cruise to aruba  we ventured to palm beach area to see the sunset as they are spectacular.     Maybe an early dinner so you can be on the beach to see the sunset 

An early dinner and sunset would be spectacular.  We were looking for dinner at Sole Mare because a friend of mine sailing with me ate here with her parents many, many years ago….only reason I asked, she said back in the day it was excellent.  Thanks for your help…..

2 hours ago, doone said:

An early dinner and sunset would be spectacular.  We were looking for dinner at Sole Mare because a friend of mine sailing with me ate here with her parents many, many years ago….only reason I asked, she said back in the day it was excellent.  Thanks for your help…..

So many more to try     Even along the beach front 

21 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

If you're not totally set on directly on the beach, Terrazza on the top of Paradise Beach Villas does have excellent food made to order and outdoor seating with expansive views of the ocean.

Thank you, we have options…..Happy NewYear all, thanks for all your help.