Leaving on Epic in 11 days, questions

Grumpella

Just got off the Epic on Dec 23. The H20 was opened but closed for a while then reopened. 

We were sitting in H2O and noticed our feet, shins, hands were blotchy rusty orange colored. My white long sleeve sun shirt stained on the back, sleeves and front. Didnt know why or what happened. 

The next day, soon after grabbing our chairs, looking forward to spending the afternoon there, we noticed our feet, and hands again rusty orange. Still not knowing what was happening, it began raining down soot particles from the stacks all over H2O. Ruined my sun hat, stained beach bags, people were scurrying to get out. They did close it almost immediately but reopened it later at night. 

We never went back. By it being opened, NCL is telling their customers the problem has been fixed. Obviously it has not been fixed. If you look around, you can see the rusty orange stains on the white painted items. 

11 minutes ago, RobertDuff said:

Just got off the Epic on Dec 23. The H20 was opened but closed for a while then reopened. 

We were sitting in H2O and noticed our feet, shins, hands were blotchy rusty orange colored. My white long sleeve sun shirt stained on the back, sleeves and front. Didnt know why or what happened. 

The next day, soon after grabbing our chairs, looking forward to spending the afternoon there, we noticed our feet, and hands again rusty orange. Still not knowing what was happening, it began raining down soot particles from the stacks all over H2O. Ruined my sun hat, stained beach bags, people were scurrying to get out. They did close it almost immediately but reopened it later at night. 

We never went back. By it being opened, NCL is telling their customers the problem has been fixed. Obviously it has not been fixed. If you look around, you can see the rusty orange stains on the white painted items. 

Really disappointing to read about your recent experience.

3 hours ago, Grumpella said:

The only entertainment I see listed in the app is Burn the Floor and Howl at the Moon.  No other shows?  No dinner shows?

Will be on this sailing too. There will be something in the theatre every night, be it a production show, a comedian or illusionist, the 'Beatles', etc. Plus other musicians in various venues, game shows, etc.

For my last few sailings on NCL since the pandemic started, the big production show hasn't been listed in the entertainment section of the planner, perhaps because it's more likely to be cancelled last minute due to cast sickness/injury? (On one sailing of the Bliss, a couple was overheard demanding a refund because Jersey Boys was cancelled 30 min before showtime and apparently that was the entire reason they cruised? 🙄)

1 hour ago, JesseB said:

Im on this same sailing, Pricilla was listed in entertainment on the app at first but disappeared a few weeks ago. Hopefully it’s replaced with something. 

In normally takes a while (weeks to months) to install a new show. That being said, if SIX is the replacement, then there is not much of a set for that show and it may go quicker. 

17 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

For my last few sailings on NCL since the pandemic started, the big production show hasn't been listed in the entertainment section of the planner, perhaps because it's more likely to be cancelled last minute due to cast sickness/injury? (On one sailing of the Bliss, a couple was overheard demanding a refund because Jersey Boys was cancelled 30 min before showtime and apparently that was the entire reason they cruised? 🙄)

That is the reason the NCL still does not finalize entertainment schedules until shortly before departure. 

Sailing on Epic Jan 8th! We were looking forward to seeing Priscilla and were disappointed when it disappeared. Disappointed enough to call NCL and ask what the replacement might be. The customer service agent said they have no way of knowing what the entertainment will be on that sailing, and we will find out when we get aboard. My Spidey senses say otherwise (as in, there IS no replacement), but I guess we’ll go with the “surprise” theory.

I read someone from the current cruise that stated the cast of Priscilla will disembark the Epic after the January 8th cruise prior to the January 15th cruise.

Who know but we will see.

I will be fairly disappointed on the Jan 15th sailing if there is a single act. I will once again only have a single show on board with our last cruise having a COVID outbreak among the Choir of Man cast cancelling the show.

Fingers crossed something is there.

3 hours ago, lastmango212 said:

Sailing on Epic Jan 8th! We were looking forward to seeing Priscilla and were disappointed when it disappeared. Disappointed enough to call NCL and ask what the replacement might be. The customer service agent said they have no way of knowing what the entertainment will be on that sailing, and we will find out when we get aboard. My Spidey senses say otherwise (as in, there IS no replacement), but I guess we’ll go with the “surprise” theory.

42 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

I read someone from the current cruise that stated the cast of Priscilla will disembark the Epic after the January 8th cruise prior to the January 15th cruise.

Who know but we will see.

I will be fairly disappointed on the Jan 15th sailing if there is a single act. I will once again only have a single show on board with our last cruise having a COVID outbreak among the Choir of Man cast cancelling the show.

Fingers crossed something is there.

It normally takes a while (weeks to months) to install a new show. Other ships have had temporary shows (a cappella groups are past examples) while they install a new show.